Starting charging issues

Bad68

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm having trouble with my 95. The starter acts like it's dragging and barely turning. I put a brand new battery in and same thing. Put another starter on (used) and same thing. Had the first starter tested and it passed. Had the alternator tested and it too passed. Even now when I have the new battery charged up and try to first start the car cold it does the same thing. Rrr Rrr Rr. I've checked grounds. What gives. I need big time help. Thanks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
start simple, check the grounds. The battery/chassis ground is right next to the battery and I can't remember if the starter has a ground wire or if it grounds through the chassis but I am sure someone can chime in. Take them off, sand/wire brush the area clean and then put them back on.

sweet94GT

Reaction score
I would check your connections. Make sure your wires are properly connected. Not just where they bolt on. But where the wire itself goes into the connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, think about it, as a 95, it was available in 1994, meaning the ol girl is 22 years old now. Some of the wiring just needs a little lovin lol.

As noted, sand and wire brush where the grounds go. Usually that is a great fix to the issues you're describing.

Do the 95's have that giant engine harness bolted down on the firewall by the passenger side? If so, unbolt the harness, and make sure everything is clean, then bolt it down, making sure that it is properly seated. I have seen this cause similar issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.