Steeda Tri-Ax Owners Get in heyah

Caboose302

Reaction score
I had one. Traded mine for a Pro 5.0
It was OK but it just didn't feel right to me. A little too "clunky"

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like them , I love the pro 5.0's as well I currently have a the pro ripper b&m which I don't mind

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The MGW is the exact same price as the tri-ax.

Wait til g36 monkey comes in here and confesses his love to his MGW. That will probably be enough to convince you.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The MGW is the exact same price as the tri-ax.

Wait til g36 monkey comes in here and confesses his love to his MGW. That will probably be enough to convince you.

Went to their site and found it for 189 like you said. I like that they offer 3 different handles, the shifter handle is adjustable up and down, left and right! they even send you sound deadening to go over the lower shift boot. Think I'm sold already

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I've had them all.. Pro 5.0, Tri-ax, and have driven a car with a B&M. Nothing even compares to my MGW. That thing is the shit. I like my old style handle better than the new ones though, it make the throws feel shorter because it's shorter than the new ones. I have the race handle though.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've had them all.. Pro 5.0, Tri-ax, and have driven a car with a B&M. Nothing even compares to my MGW. That thing is the shit. I like my old style handle better than the new ones though, it make the throws feel shorter because it's shorter than the new ones. I have the race handle though.

Glad you shared some input! I'm going to be learning so I don't want a hardcore short throw with a short ass handle.. yet lol. I will be getting their comfort handle. Seems like a nice piece, I watched a video and I'm pretty much sold.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've you've never driven stick before, a short throw won't feel like a short throw. Alot of new sports cars come with short throws from the factory and they feel perfectly normal to people. Ford was just being silly when they made the shifters for our cars.

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
I originally started with a Pro 5.0 on mine and hated it. I ended up trading a buddy for his Tri-Ax and needless to say I enjoy it a lot more. I installed an MGW for a buddy in his car and while it had really short shifts I didn't enjoy the feel of it at all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've you've never driven stick before, a short throw won't feel like a short throw. Alot of new sports cars come with short throws from the factory and they feel perfectly normal to people. Ford was just being silly when they made the shifters for our cars.

Only a baby fiat abarth, but that was for 20 seconds so I never got the actual experience. My friends got a short throw in his 02 GT and it seems like he barely has to move his hand to shift lol. Believe he has an MGW too.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't sweat having a short throw shifter to delay getting a 5 speed conversion.
Sure the stock shifter is a little long and sloppy but you can save the $ for the pedals or other other stuff then get the shifter later.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I think it would be much better to do the shifter at the same time. It will be much easier to learn the gears with an mgw compared to that factory slushbox

Wichers123

Reaction score
Haha you guys and your bad mouthing stock shifters. Lol I run a hurst handle with stock bottom and it's so tight and the throw is where the trans is built for.
image_zps622e4c4e.jpg

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Tri-Ax and liked it. It was a nice shifter with no issues. I jumped on the bandwagon a couple years ago a bought an MGW. Also a great shifter. I just upgraded to the new style handle and bought the race handle and standard handle to switch it up. I like the feel of the MGW shifter with the new style handles...

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I have a Tri-Ax but it came on the car. I've heard there are others better, but do I dislike the Tri-Ax enough to justify spending money to replace it? No. I've had no issues so far, shifts are real short and firm. But I also have nothing else to compare it to in the Mustang realm of things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online