Steeda TriAx

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Well, i know i said i was saving up for some wheels like you guys suggested and all but i had some money in my bank acct when i went up to Dallas Mustang today..

i originally took my car up there because i checked my oil today and it was completellllllly empty! so i go home and put some cheap oil in it because thats all i had left, and it took 4 qts to fill it up without me even changing the oil! im guessing that the dealership didnt put any oil in it after they changed the oil, if they did it at all.. (i bought the car 1 month ago)

so after we confirmed my car wasnt smoking or leaking ne where, he talked me into a steeda triax shifter.. id been planning on getting one but i figured why not just start saving up next with next weeks paycheck and go ahead and get it now.. the thing is so fun to drive with. i love the clicking noise it makes when i shift. i know this is lame but i sat out in my driveway tonight going from 2nd to 3rd for like 30 minutes.. ne ways, thought id tell you guys.. i originally thought id keep this car stock but after putting the exhaust on there and my shifter this week.. i just want to go spend more money on it! lol..

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya it can be a never ending circle sometimes which isnt the worst thing in the world. you get the bolt ons then you want a supercharger, then you want a turbo then you want twin tubos lol. right now i really want a afm pms and h/c/i :naughty:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i know, see i never actually thought id be on of those guys they talk about in the magazines...

"you know the normal routine, boy gets car, thought hed keep it stock, 1st mod goes on, 15k in the car in 2 months" or something along those lines. but now that i have a job and money to spend, i can see how tru that is. i wanted to keep my car stock until i got my exhaust on.. now i just want everything!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol a tri-ax is a great mod, deff a must for any 5 speed! You will love it, good choice. But the shortness will soon feel normal to you (untill u shift a stock one).

I cant belive your car had no oil though, that is not a good at all! Your lucky that there is no major damage, keep a close eye on it!

SMOKE

Reaction score
or 6spd ... :thumb:

The STEEDA Tri-Ax id a good shifter and really improves the 'fun' factor in a mustang. :banana:

Spyder

Reaction score
I have a Pro 5.0 in mine, but the steeda is still a great shifter. I would say its the most comparible to the pro5.0. Bought my first mustang, was a '90 5.0 gt, and now im on my third and my mod list continues to grow. The hardest thing about these damn cars is finding the money to do all the stuff you want. I would highly suggest doing tons of research before you start doing major mods, which we all know you eventually will. make sure you buy the quality products, the first time. Just my suggestions.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I have the MGW shifter they both are great im sure. The only let down is like Matt said you get use to it.

fawcett

Reaction score
I had the Tri-Ax with my T5(still have if if you want to make me an offer)
but my T5 let go on me so I got a T56 from D&D. I drove my car with the stock 6-speed shifter
for a while, boy it felt like i was rowing every time I took the car out. When I finally got some money
saved up I got the best shifter out there- MGW's! I love it, it is 100% adjustable and very comfortable.
I guess the only draw back is that when you position the shifter handle towards yourself too much
it is hard to know where the gate is for the gear you are selecting. Now with those non adjustable
shifters everything is pretty much straight forward. You push the shifter where you know the gate
is and bam, your in that gear (the only draw back is that you cant angle the handle towards your
prefered driving position).
Oh and although the 6-speed is cool, getting into reverse is kind of hard you need to use your muscles.
I have had my car at a few shops and they didnt know what to do, they felt like they were going to break
something and ended up having to roll my car-poor suckers.

so thats my .02
pm me with any questions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online