Steering jerks to either side when on highway.

AdamP

Reaction score
Right!! Floors should be done this weekend, put new slp hi flow cats in finishing that tomorrow then sand er down for paint. Then bump steer kit and shocks!

Attachments

• 20200430_155309.jpg
    20200430_155309.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 9

Addicted

Reaction score
Ahh. Them creepers saves your back, I had to dig mine out for a little role around myself:cool:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right!! Floors should be done this weekend, put new slp hi flow cats in finishing that tomorrow then sand er down for paint. Then bump steer kit and shocks!
how much were the cats? I have been considering putting them back on since I took them off.

AdamP

Reaction score
The cats were 200 bucks from american muscle. If you do go with the slp cats just keep in mind they are 2-1/2 ID on one side and 2-1/2 OD on the other so you may need an exhaust coupling. My car previously had porcelain race cats but the porcelain let go in one of them so I'm a little skeptical about welding them in.

Addicted

Reaction score
:eek: I don't know how to delete the entire post, so I said delete my post as I was deleting what I was typing lol

venom

Reaction score
I had the same issue and it was bump steer. I had to adjust my bump steer kit as I had lowered my height considerably compared to when it was installed originally.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
I had the same issue and it was bump steer. I had to adjust my bump steer kit as I had lowered my height considerably compared to when it was installed originally.
How do you adjust your bump streer, it does seem that my steering goes to far for the wheels that are on it, the inside scrapes a bit.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

venom

Reaction score
How do you adjust your bump streer, it does seem that my steering goes to far for the wheels that are on it, the inside scrapes a bit.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

When you look at your A arm it should be at the same angle as your tie rods. In this pic Fig A is correct as both are parallel to each other. Your Tie rods have to be at the same angle. Most important note is your tie rod end may not be parallel to the ground like Fig A. Your A arm may be angled up like Fig B since its lowered. Which means your Tie Rod will also have to be angled up like fig B. This is why Fig B and C are wrong as it is not at the same angle as the a arm.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 4.03.06 PM.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.