Steering wheel cover removal

rgs

Reaction score
how do i take off the cover on the steering wheel? like the part that has the mustang picture on it

OP
OP
R

rgs

Reaction score
anyone???

i got a fkn coin stuck in there and its annoying the shit outta me

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
Look on the backside of the steering wheel, there will be a couple of plastic plugs. Pop those plugs out of their holes. The will be screws in the holes left, take those screws out. I can't remember if they are phillips head screws or if they have to be taken out with a nut driver. Beware, you may want to take off a battery cable when you take the wires off the air bag, if it shorts out it could go off in your face.

OP
OP
R

rgs

Reaction score
hmm k ill give it a shot. its just that the fkn coin rattles around in there and sometimes the horn goes off lol.

was goin through mcdonalds drive thru one night and it wouldnt fkn stop. i said sorry to the ppl working lol

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hahaa thats one of the funniest things ive heard!

i wonder if the coin was shorting it out.. hopefully it doesnt short out the airbag.. that could be realllly bad news! get that out asap man.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
go hit a tree or something hard... it will pop right off no problem

:hammer:

OP
OP
R

rgs

Reaction score
got it out with no problems :)

and the 2 bolts required a socket

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
For future reference you suppose to remove both the negative and positive cables on the battery and let it sit for a few minutes to uncharge the system. This isn't 100% effective to get the bag from blowing but its your safest bet. O0

cntchds

Reaction score
If you just unplug both leads and touch them to each other you don't have to wait the half hour or whatever that is usually recommended.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.