steering wheel tilted towards the driver side?

turion94

Reaction score
I was looking at my steering wheel and it looks like it is tilted towards the driver side door on a angle. There is a bigger gap where the steering column meets the dash on right side. Anybody know why?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've always felt mine was tilted a tad too. I bet its just our eyes playing tricks.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Unless it is actually tilted. Mine is currently. I just had my steering rack go out and when installing the tie rod ends I just eyeballed the wheel from outside because I kept having to go under the car and try to line up the wheels. But it should get taken care of during the alignment.

JKady

Reaction score
Unless it is actually tilted. Mine is currently. I just had my steering rack go out and when installing the tie rod ends I just eyeballed the wheel from outside because I kept having to go under the car and try to line up the wheels. But it should get taken care of during the alignment.
I believe the OP is talking about the steering column actually pointing toward the drivers side, not just the steering wheel being off center.

lutter94

Reaction score
I started a thread about this once. Ended up fixing it by cracking the bolts that hold the column on, and shifting it back over. Mine was terrible, i don't remember it being that bad.....no idea what could have shifted it.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
I started a thread about this once. Ended up fixing it by cracking the bolts that hold the column on, and shifting it back over. Mine was terrible, i don't remember it being that bad.....no idea what could have shifted it.

Do you have the link to the thread?

I have about 1/2 inch gap on the right side of the steering column and no gap on the left side. The steering wheel is defenetly tilting towards the driver side door. I'm not sure if it's just a lack of fit and finish from Ford or if its that way on purpose. It sounds like a common thing though.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Mine is like that too. Just thought it was a ford thing. My dads 95 Lincoln mark viii has the same thing

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
So it's normal then. Thanks for the quick response everybody.

lutter94

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online