stereo works but no sound?!

fordguysmith

Reaction score
:help2: i have a 94 gt. the stereo is a pioneer deh-p5800. i matched the wires from the harness to the adapter. i turned the key on and every component of the stereo works but there is no sound at all coming from the speakers. i put a different cd player in and it worked fine. my buddy put the pioneer in his car and it worked. what is wrong? :-\

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
but if the internal amp is blown, then why did it work fine in another car?

ck5.0

Reaction score
Did you hook up the blue amp turn on wire?

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
my friend who deals with subs told me not to hook up the two blue wires because i don't have an amp and it wouldn't be good

S

scarface

If you car has a factory amp in it, it wont allow any sound to come through...you need to bypass it.

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
i don't know if it has a factory amp or not, it doesn't have the mach 460 sound system if that helps

95-stang

Reaction score
I bet it has, i had the same thing with the Mach, had to re-wire all the speakers individually after removing the factory amps. [under the rear shelf]
Its rear shelf out, door cards off, and plenty of speaker cable. :(
When i got my car it had a Sony Cassette\Radio with trunk mounted multi cd changer. Now that was strong enough to power the original factory stuff.
When i removed it and went for a brand new Pioneer, wired it all up and zilch. After checking with a few places it was the above problem.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have a 94GT also with the non Mach 460 system. There still is an external amp in it...behind the radio bezel, mounted on the floor/tranny hump. This factory amp failed on mine... I HAD been using it, not bypassed, with a Kenwood aftermarket stereo just fine. When it failed I just bypassed it & now use the internal amp. I'm happy with it. I'll go get a pic...BRB

OK here is the factory Amp that mounts behind the shifter boot, radio bezel area on the tranny hump. real easy to pull out ...in one pic you see the wiring connections...

1-11-07009.jpg

1-11-07007.jpg

Here it is installed...

1-11-07003.jpg

ck5.0

Reaction score
Blue is the amp turn on. The non Mach 460 still has a amp in it like the one Mustanger is showing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.