still having problems

mike012v

Reaction score
so my car still seems to be running on 7 cylinders. cyl 3 is getting alot of fuel on the plug. the engine has spark, compression, & fuel. the injectors work fine and i have no vaccum leaks. anybody have any idea whats goin on? car also has a different setup than when it was on nitrous. (car is still on the old nitrous tune btw)

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ok, I went back and looked. You have a valve train issue. My car did the samething when the exhaust valve spring broke in cyl3. It broke and bound the valve to be slightly stuck open causing a miss. I beat my head over for days untill I just let it sit!! I finally broke her down to find the broke valve spring. Im glad thats all it was because I had in my mind a complete rebuild was in order along with injectors and harness.

RichV

Reaction score
If you're sure it's #3, swap injectors say from cyl #6 and see if the problem follows the injector.

It's either valvetrain like blak suggested, maybe stuck/faulty injector, or a possible spark. You could also do a compression test, part stores have the equipment to rent if you don't have access to one. Check a couple of other cylinders, see what pressure they produce, then check #3 and see if it's noticeably lower. I found a bent exhaust valve that way.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Compression and leak down test can tell you a lot switching the injector is smart too.... lots of good advice. Change your oil before you drive it too far.... fuel and oil shouldn't mix

The D3V

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online