still not sure about springs! help

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
well i was pretty much sold on the pro kit , but now i dont think the drop is enough for my liking. now im thinking sportlines, but then if its too low and i scrape on everything then ill be pissed. there is also a canadian brand of springs on ebay that are about a 1 1/2 drop and they sound pretty good, they have a "no sag" guarantee and they have the drop that i want at a great price, BUT if the ride quality is shit then i still wont be happy. I wanted H&R's but i cant find them around here in canada or on ebay.

The sportlines say 1 1/2" to 2" drop , did anyone measure there cars before and after the install of the sportlines? :help2:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would not buy the sportlines...i hear alot of people complain about them sagging. I like the H&R's and Steeda's. My Steeda Sport Superlites dropped me @ 1.75" all around. There is also a Steeda Canada division.

jpajkos

Reaction score
IM sorry but you can get the H&R's on americanmuscle.com all day. They ship to canada too. Prokit is a 1 inch drop and for me thats not enough either. Sportlines I have and am sending them back. I hear to much bad stuff about them. I will be going with the H&R super sports.

ALITL8

Reaction score
pro kit w/o isolators is about 1.25-1.5" drop... w/ isolators you get 1-1.25" drop. i like the ride and the drop i got with my pro kit, i didnt want to go too low though :dunno:

jpajkos

Reaction score
I had the prokit on my fox body. For me it wasn't enough of a drop. The price between the sportlines and the H&R's are the same. I've ridin in a stang with the H&R's and the ride quality was great. Just something to think about

OP
OP
MoonlightGT

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
pro kit w/o isolators is about 1.25-1.5" drop... w/ isolators you get 1-1.25" drop. i like the ride and the drop i got with my pro kit, i didnt want to go too low though :dunno:

are you running your prokit with or without isolators? hows the ride quality? is it bad to run without isolators?

G

GREG@SN95

pro kit is great... I could take turns that are safe @ 30MPH at 55MPH+

you will be happy with it... I ran isolators and it was plenty low... I will end up taking the front ones off... I know that quite a few people did that... It lowers it a bit more but other then that theres no difference...

I would also get struts and shocks and caster camber plates if I was you

maximum motorsports has the best kits for street/track cars

ALITL8

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
are you running your prokit with or without isolators? hows the ride quality? is it bad to run without isolators?

i answered the first part in reply to your PM. ride quality is excellent, i dont have any complaints. as far as isolators, no its not bad to run without them but some people do complain about more road noise and squeeks... i havent had either problem :dunno:

Daywalker

Reaction score
I had Nuespeed springs for about 3 years, and they sucked. They gave me the look I wanted, but the ride quality was terrible and they sagged like crazy after a couple years. I then switched to Steeda Sport springs, which ride great but IMO made the profile look whacked! :lame: Sooo, I'm about to do my THIRD spring change to H&R Supersports. I'll post up some pics next week or so...

Foster98GT

Reaction score
JonBeast said:
H&R Supersports

I Vote for H&R Supersports. Ignore the fugly exhaust tips.
98gt2.jpg

c0e49d82.jpg

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
heres a close up of eibach pro kit: i love them, not to much, perfect for my taste anyway:

stang5.jpg

ALITL8

Reaction score
where's the back of the car?

i think my rear could go down just a bit but "overall" im very happy with the pro kit... looks mean!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.