still overheating!!!! WTF!!!!

97GT4.6

Reaction score
my car runs too cold lol, on the highway runs on the n to o the entire time, and i have my fan wired, because it never turned on, with it on, my car runs real cool. i also have a mishimoto radiator, a 180 stat

mike97gt

Reaction score
take a temperature gun and compare the difference in temperature between various points of the cooling system.

i had this problem last year and all that happened was my rad was clogged with poplar fluff (white fluff ball seeds from poplar trees). maybe yours has an accumulation of stuff built up in it from over the years..?

grthayer

Reaction score
sounds like u have a pocket or air somwhere. let the car sit overnight. the next day remove the radaitor cap and start ur car with the heater on full. let it idle and watch the radiator fill hole to see if any air bubbles come up, (it might take a few minutes) if so, let all the air come out while the car is runing and when it stops add water untill its full and wont take no more. then put the cap back on and drive it and c how it does. hope this helps.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
didn't read all the responses, modulars run hot, and the 96 radiator is tiny.
A fluidyne or equivalent will solve your problems.

fan, water pump, dental floss, or headlight fluid won't help you get the heat out of that tiny radiator, you need more surface area! :)

my car always got up to the "a" or the "l" on the temp scale.
Now It's always at the "o" or "r", and I'm boosted now.

chris98gt

Reaction score
I have always had to bleed the coolant system of air after I drained the coolant in my car. Just start the car with the radiator cap off and watch it bubble the air out of the system. let it run for a while and bubble, then let it cool, fill it back up and repeat.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some pics for comparison.

radiatorin.jpg

fluidine.jpg

wrongradiator.jpg

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
chris98gt said:
I have always had to bleed the coolant system of air after I drained the coolant in my car. Just start the car with the radiator cap off and watch it bubble the air out of the system. let it run for a while and bubble, then let it cool, fill it back up and repeat.

You can also just remove the thermostat and fill the block from there. Jacking the nose up some helps too.

GT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online