Stock 94-95 Cobra 1/4 mile times?

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
There is some things I might be forgetting to mention. I bought my car after it was rebuilt, and I did a few of the bolt ons. But i do know that he also put a stage 2 racing clutch. I also have a fms alluminum driveshaft, fms c springs, and gms upper/lower control arms waiting to be installed as soon as i get my tokico 5-ways and a set of c/c plates. I'm just gonna go ahead and put them all on at once.
I forgot to tell you, the block,intake, and heads all came out of an explorer.

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
I should have also mentioned. I'm pretty sure when the guy built the motor, that he built it to the cobra spec. He redid the entire car to be a clone, with just a little extra power.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
What do you guys think a 95 gt with 4:10 gears, a short throw shifter and mac mufflers would run? And also a k&n filter.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
What do you guys think a 95 gt with 4:10 gears, a short throw shifter and mac mufflers would run? And also a k&n filter.

If the gears are it, they would cut a few tenths of the quarter ( if you can hook).

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
but what would a stock time be around?

man its very hard to say :-\ I think for the most part a bone stock 94-95 would do mid 14's or so with great driving. So with the gears and sticky tires...........14.0's maybe :dunno: Someone else chime in and give some info here.........

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Yeah I dunno if I believe that site either.

I guess those numbers could be possible, but it sure seems fast for the 94 Cobra :dunno:

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
^ Maybe with slicks and an outstanding driver that hit his shift points perfectly, maybe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
^ Maybe with slicks and an outstanding driver that hit his shift points perfectly, maybe.

its the 0-60 time that seems too fast to me, thats around the times that the 96-98 Cobras were running in all the auto mags and they had what.....like 60 more hp? :dunno: I know thats the time that Car & Driver had for the 99 GT and it was rated at 260hp so.............

G

GREG@SN95

95Grandtouring5.0 said:

no... reg tires and a professional driver

those are the stock times...

theres a guy running [email protected] in an 01 GT with 3.90s, catback and tune on stock tires over at mustangboards...

ya'll forget that mustangs are quick... they're power is underated out of the factory... I'm sure a 94 cobra could run 14.0 if a heavier car with similar power can run 13.5 with gears

97vertstang

Reaction score
14 flat seems to quick for me. i know they were underrated , they make more like 270hp, but i have to say they hit more like mid 14s.probably in sea level, perfect humidity, professional driver, and aired down tires to hit a 14 flat.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

theres a guy running [email protected] in an 01 GT with 3.90s, catback and tune on stock tires over at mustangboards...

ya'll forget that mustangs are quick... they're power is underated out of the factory... I'm sure a 94 cobra could run 14.0 if a heavier car with similar power can run 13.5 with gears
No, I strongly disagree with you. That car stock could never pull a 14.0 out of it's ass. I had a friend who had a 94 bone stock cobra, and whenever I ran him with my old z28 which was stock with the exception of flow master mufflers, Id always pull a couple lengths by the time it was over and my car consistently ran 13.9's. There is no way a 94-94 cobra could run a 14.0 . Especially with regular tires, your crazy. Be realistic here that is just way to outstanding.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
GREG@SN95 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

No, I strongly disagree with you. That car stock could never pull a 14.0 out of it's ass. I had a friend who had a 94 bone stock cobra, and whenever I ran him with my old z28 which was stock with the exception of flow master mufflers, Id always pull a couple lengths by the time it was over and my car consistently ran 13.9's. There is no way a 94-94 cobra could run a 14.0 . Especially with regular tires, your crazy. Be realistic here that is just way to outstanding.

im going to look and try to find some numbers on the STOCK 94-95 Cobra

Glockz

Reaction score
Goliath5.0 said:
Just as the title says!

I have been hearing conflicting info, and wanted to ask you guys...

What does (should) a bone stock 94-95 Cobra run in the 1/4 mile?

My 94 Cobra ran consistent 14.0's at 99-100mph when it was stock. This was at 900 feet above sea level and on the stock Goodyear GSC tires. I added 355 gears a couple years ago but haven't had it back to the track since. I would say it may have dropped a tenth or possibly two with the gears.

I've always been surprised to hear of 94-95's running high 14's...seems really slow to me but not knowing the driver or the conditions it's hard to say.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Cheers,
Glockz