Stock Ignition ?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Ponyquest95, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ponyquest95

Ponyquest95 New Member

I am curious how good the stock ignition is in my 95 gt 5.0. I have been thinking about purchasing the accell 300 kit ($250) the one that comes with the coil and digital box. Reason I ask is I have been experiencing some hard start up issues after I let the car sit for 4-5 days. Once the car starts it runs great. Only has hard start up after it sits. I guess my question is would it be worth it to purchase this kit or just get a aftermarket coil. :dunno:

2. Ponyquest95

Ponyquest95 New Member

Just to add...The battery is new. So thats not the issue.

3. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

How new is the starter? I would recommend MSD it has worked very well for me.

4. hipo50mustang

hipo50mustang New Member

had the same problem, I just changed out the main coil to the MSD TFI, plugs right into the factory harness. along with new cap/rotor, plugs and wires at the same time. I also cleaned and tightened the battery connectons. starts like a champ now.

5. Paul

Paul Legend

I would at other tuneup stuff before spending money on a box and coil - I would say that is an unlikely culprit.

Paul.

6. Ponyquest95

Ponyquest95 New Member

I changed all other related things already except the coil. Went down to my local speed shop and picked up a accel coil. The car has been siting for 5 days and whaddya know it fired right up and felt very responsive out on a quick cruise. I think that was the ticket. I will get a box later when the serious mods 8) start up.