Stock timing for 94 gt

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 94OJGT, Apr 23, 2007.

1. 94OJGT

94OJGT New Member

I have a stock 94 gt which i bought as a right-off and fixed, and was wonderin what the stock timing is on a 94 gt and the possiblities of bumping it?
    i hear you can shave a bit off ur 1/4 times by just doing this, but i have no clue.

2. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

Stock is 10 degrees. I have heard of people getting a decent amount of power from bumping it to 14 or so. Just make sure you run some higher octane gas and that it isnt pinging.

3. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

14 degrees is usually the best.

4. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

thats where mine sits now.

highjack: how much more can i go once i put my heads on? should i just wait til i have someone tune it?

5. Brian95GT

Brian95GT New Member

When I had my car tuned, I was told to put the timing back to 10 and the fuel pressure to stock 35 vac on? 40 off I think. The adjustments are done with the tune. I had it up to 16 for timing at the time. It is funny, as you are adjusting the timing, you can actually hear the car running cleaner. I really do not know how to explain it. The car actually liked the adjustment from its sound and increase in SOTP power.

6. 94OJGT

94OJGT New Member

k thx alot guys,

im also looking at a new engine for my car out of a friends car, from a 90 gt, it has h/c/i , but no clue of specs and am wondering
    how the transfer will go? will it work with my tranny? i believe mines a stock t-5?