Stock timing for 94 gt

94OJGT

Reaction score
I have a stock 94 gt which i bought as a right-off and fixed, and was wonderin what the stock timing is on a 94 gt and the possiblities of bumping it?
i hear you can shave a bit off ur 1/4 times by just doing this, but i have no clue.

Downshift

Reaction score
Stock is 10 degrees. I have heard of people getting a decent amount of power from bumping it to 14 or so. Just make sure you run some higher octane gas and that it isnt pinging.

Suspect

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
14 degrees is usually the best.
thats where mine sits now.

highjack: how much more can i go once i put my heads on? should i just wait til i have someone tune it?

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Suspect said:
ryclef331 said:
14 degrees is usually the best.
thats where mine sits now.

highjack: how much more can i go once i put my heads on? should i just wait til i have someone tune it?

When I had my car tuned, I was told to put the timing back to 10 and the fuel pressure to stock 35 vac on? 40 off I think. The adjustments are done with the tune. I had it up to 16 for timing at the time. It is funny, as you are adjusting the timing, you can actually hear the car running cleaner. I really do not know how to explain it. The car actually liked the adjustment from its sound and increase in SOTP power.

OP
OP

94OJGT

Reaction score
k thx alot guys,

im also looking at a new engine for my car out of a friends car, from a 90 gt, it has h/c/i , but no clue of specs and am wondering
how the transfer will go? will it work with my tranny? i believe mines a stock t-5?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online