stolen stereo

Stangbangin

Reaction score
my brothers today was a decent day..you know the day before a universal day off work for everyone and life is good. so I'm walking out to my car (which was a further walk than normal since we parked in the college lot next to my work since we'd be busy) and noticed as soon as I opened the door my center consol bezel around my stereo was laying in my passenger seat and my Sony CD player was gone. this in itself is dumb since I had the faceplate in my bag. but you just feel violated you know. anyways I was thinking about taking the tunes out of my car anyways since it won't be my daily driver for much longer. so I take it as a sign that maybe I should start weight savings and fill the void with more gauges. what do you guys think....??

Greggerex

Reaction score
Bunch of jackasses... who steals a STEREO these days?? A stereo with no faceplate will have a resale value of JACK SHIT.

If you still want tunes, then go but a junker old radio and install it, tune it to a station (remember the frequency) and then cover it so nobody can see it (like with something similar to a delete kit).

Then get one of these portable satellite/XM radios - when you're in the car just broadcast to that frequency above and you've got your tuneage.

8)

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I knew if anybody would understand me sn95 members would for sure. I'm just glad they didn't break anything and they had to of taken there time cuz I had it in there freaking solid. On the bright side my car was still there so It'll live to race another day....how much weight do you tihnk is possible to lose by stripping everything?

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea seriously chicks are bad news ......nobody tell my wife I said that..she might take the stang away....and snakebit a little off subject isn't badass dem boys have found a pretty damn decent QB

Greggerex

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: keep your mind on the car and away from the women ::)

Sorry, sorry. Moment of weakness... :comando: My priorities are back on track. :drunk: (Work Christmas party tonight! WOOO!!!)

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I decided this morning I wasn't gonna start stripping the car only because it's still going to be 5 or 6 monthes before it turns into a track//weekend car. I am however keep the stereo out of the dash for the reason that thieves looking threw windows for stereos won't go after something they don't see. I got my new alarm and window tint this morning and I really like my tunes while driving so I'm going to keep my gauges but move them to where the stereo was put my dash pocket where the gauages were and relocate a cd player into the console. It'll take some massaging but can be done in a few hours. I'll get some pics of the install. if anyone else has done something similar let me know.

S

scarface

Im putting my stereo in the center console, and saving the stereo spot for gauges. I already have my alky controler in the bottom pocket.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
how are you extending the antenna plug>> I got a female and male ends with wire from junk yard cars and extended it> is there like an actual extension you can buy? other than the extension of all the wiring threw the center console and fitment it's a pretty straight forward project.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
did you leave your doors unlocked or windows down??
No mention of a broken window or messed up door latch. :dunno:

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
just busted my window bro...I didn't have an alarm at the time either. I figured they wouldn't bother if the stereo didn't have the faceplate I was wrong.

S

scarface

Stangbangin said:
how are you extending the antenna plug>> I got a female and male ends with wire from junk yard cars and extended it> is there like an actual extension you can buy? other than the extension of all the wiring threw the center console and fitment it's a pretty straight forward project.
YEs you can buy an extension cord from crutchfield. It just so happens that crutchfields store is in my town, so my buddy who works there hooks me up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah