Stranded again

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Might be the key switch too.
These intermitant problems are the hardest to troubleshoot.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Unplugging the brain may not be a fix..... a short in the wiring of the anti theft system could be at fault.....

My next though is starter solenoid.... but without seeing all the little things that happen

If the battery had build up I'm sure the cables had some too

96gt4.6

Reaction score
Might be the key switch too.
These intermitant problems are the hardest to troubleshoot.

that's what i was going to suggest, and still think it could be this maybe you got a bad new cylinder or might be inside the column

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ugh. your killing me.
I'm pulling my hair out myself. If I can't figure it out after checking the starter connection I'm getting a cobra coupe 4.6l lol.

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
OPERATIONS DO THE SH!T RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, DAY
Decided to get under the car today and found i could access the starter wires through a hole in the metal of the body. fFirst i was going to take the starter off. Never knew i could reach the wires that way which is why it took so long the first time i installed the damn starter.

Turned out the big power wire was loose and the trigger wire was breaking off with only 2 strands left to the starter. Turned out i stripped the big power wire solenoid bolt when i first installed the starter months ago. So that sucks but i was able to get it to tighten down by removing a extra washer.

Corrected both by soldering a new connection on the trigger wire and then heat strinking the new trigger wire then wrapping it with electric tape to make a barrier so it doesnt get chaffed much on the metal if it touches.

11vk3sw.jpg

2- Making a new Trigger Wire-
2ppni3r.jpg

3- New Trigger Wire-
2iu48ds.jpg

4- Trigger
2112vwo.jpg

All done but pissed the solenoid post is stripped but it still had 4 treads left i could salvage -
vdprvq.jpg

2eeezcm.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online