Strange A/c problem?

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ok heres where it gets strange imo. When the a/c is on you can feel the car jerking off and on ..it feels like someone is bending a fuel line to cut the fuel feed off ..then it kicks back in ,..then back off over and over..i just replace the fuel filter..kinda nasty.new plugs.cap,button,wires are good.new alternator,new battery. im lost here.and opions? :dunno:

or is this normal. as im sure it didnt do this when it was a new car.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
as you can tell ive never had a stang with a/c lol.. now i see why peeps take that crap out. :D

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well mine was checked out by a local garage telling me im going to need 1,200 worth of parts. well i replaced the belt and all was well until of recent. so when im on the highway its good, but in city driving i watch my temp guage go to the L of normal. i have no clue whats going on there.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
what have you done with your cooling system so far? and what have you done to it

S351R13

Reaction score
If it heats up in traffic your high speed fan may not be coming on.

Downshift

Reaction score
Maybe install a manual switch on the fan so you can turn it on before it starts getting too hot and keep the temps down a little.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
ok heres where it gets strange imo. When the a/c is on you can feel the car jerking off and on ..

Just for my own edification . . . what does a car feel like when its "jerking off"? ;D

fawcett

Reaction score
Mine does this. I cant use the A/C when my car is stopped or when it is in traffic. I cant even run it with my car idling or when I turn the steering wheel. It is too taxing for the engine. My computer also hates my e-cam which doesnt supply enough vacuum and causes other drivability problems.

Just use the A/C when you are on the highway or on the road with little stop and go's, do not use it when you are in traffic because it may cause stalling, it will cause your RPMs to go down and it will also cause surging (i think thats what you are talking about).

It sucks and its one of those things that we SN95ers have to put up with
Just use your windows until you get going and then you can crank the A/C back up
-fawcett

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
i cant realy tell when my a/c kicks in...maybe your compesser is locking up?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well the local garage said i was leaking freeon. and my compressor was bad, but the thing is if it was bad it would just lock up, so it wont explode the compressor, so when i put a new belt on it and blew cold i thought it was fixed.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Tattoogod said:
ok heres where it gets strange imo. When the a/c is on you can feel the car jerking off and on ..

Just for my own edification . . . what does a car feel like when its "jerking off"? ;D

i was wondering if anyone caught that lol

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
TRUUBLE said:
Tattoogod said:

i was wondering if anyone caught that lol

I think you're the only one that caught it . . lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online