Street Amateurs cause NOS fire, without extinguisher

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
:deeplist:

"Race" starts after 2 minutes of poorly executed burnouts. Skip to two minutes exactly if it starts from the beginning

[video]https://youtu.be/8fuvjwkX-v4?t=117[/video]

In the words of Vin Diesel........

[video]https://youtu.be/6hxOoM0-NJI?t=144[/video]

cameron57

Reaction score
Saw this on svtp. Thats why racecars have on/off switches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, am I the only one that laughed when they tried to put out the fire with their shirts? "No, no, keep doing that, it is no way spreading the flames. Your shirt will put out that massive fire any second now."

I mean, yes it sucks. But I laughed. I did :(

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Why didn't the mustang blow up like the eclipse? I wanted a dramatic ending lol.........dumb asses.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure a fire ext would have done much since it looked to be a fuel/NO2 fire. It could have knocked it down while it was still early but it looked like foam was what was needed. First thing he should have done was shut the bottle off, 2nd was grab an extinguisher. I have had people laugh at me or ask if I think the work I did will catch fire when they see I have a small one in the pass compartment and another small one in the trunk. I think its funny anyone that would ride around with gallons of gas/No2 and other flammable crap and hope their shirt and mountain dew will work.....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] I really think the mountain dew would have taken care of it but nobody would go get it!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ttocs I really think the mountain dew would have taken care of it but nobody would go get it!

I don't think if he had a full 2 liter with a pack of mentos to help get the distance would have done much. Funny enough it looked like the fire blanket on the bottom of the hood caught fire. I thought that was made so the plastic pins would melt and it would fall on the motor to help smother flames but it looks like it was feeding the flames.

Again though people a $20 fire ext might have saved this car.

kb1982

Reaction score
Okay, am I the only one that laughed when they tried to put out the fire with their shirts? "No, no, keep doing that, it is no way spreading the flames. Your shirt will put out that massive fire any second now."

I mean, yes it sucks. But I laughed. I did :(

I actually helped a guy put out a carb fire in his s10 rock crawler one day coming home from drill. Luckily. I had on my FRACU's that day (Flame resistant army combat uniform) I took my top off to smother it out, and the guy told me it was gonna catch on fire. I told him they were fire resistant, we are about to see if anything in the army actually works like it is supposed to.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I actually helped a guy put out a carb fire in his s10 rock crawler one day coming home from drill. Luckily. I had on my FRACU's that day (Flame resistant army combat uniform) I took my top off to smother it out, and the guy told me it was gonna catch on fire. I told him they were fire resistant, we are about to see if anything in the army actually works like it is supposed to.

Dang that guy was lucky you stopped! And I guess the uniform top worked ;) Seriously, lucky guy. That's like me having an engine fire and and a race car driver stops to help, and he's like "oh, good thing I have my nomex suit on, let me take it off and smother out that fire for you." I hope he was really appreciative :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online