Street outlaws

JKady

Reaction score
The races are staged, any guy on the show will tell you that. Chief addressed that a while back on facebook and summed it up quite nicely that it'd be boring as hell to watch two sets of tail lights run down a dark road, doesn't make for good TV. I've been a fan of many of the guys on the show for some time and I've loved the show since day 1.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it doesn't take a genius to see the large lights they have to light up the road and to know that they have set up the race site to catch all of it.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Basically what ive gotten the area they race is a blocked of street but the racing is real.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so really, the only difference with these guys vs pros...is that they don't rent a strip? Why don't they just rent a strip? I mean, I get that it would ruin the name of show. But I'm not sure what really makes these guys "street" other than they have their own "private" street they race on?

Edit: not trolling, just curious.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure part of it is the forbidden fruit and the rush they get from doing it(when it is being done on open public roads) as well as they say in the show that the street helps to equalize everyone.

I would hazard to say that the races for the most part are real maybe with the exception of farm truck/asain. Those always seem a little to well staged to be something they just picked up on the side of the road.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can see that. I've always wondered about this - if they are doing it illegally on streets, and cops get involved as they claim in the intro, how in the world can they televise it? I mean, isn't it then pretty obvious they are breaking the law, and can they not get prosecuted for that? Or is the back-up plan to lie to the judge: "it's all faked, it's just entertainment, we really weren't doing any of those things." and so they don't bother prosecuting?

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Alot of it is stagged for the show. As for racing on the street. Its a unpreped surface anything can happen thats what makes it interesting.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy the show for what it is, a show. First time me and my buddy watched it we were talking about all the tall lights and trailers sitting around. No way you could do that and not get busted.

Regardless tho, it does make for a very entertaining show as long as you don't try and read to deeply into it.

Does make me wish they'd allow stuff like this in other cities where you could have a street blocked off and used in such a way where it's still somewhat controlled but still a street race. Maybe this would help kids get their kicks while not killing others by wrecking in public and taking out a bystander or on coming traffic.

Just my .02

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

RichV

Reaction score
I think the whole point of racing on the street is there is no prep and everyone is fighting traction as well as the dangers of curbs, bumps, and no runoff. It's not street, as in every-day traffic. They do block off the racing area or use a private road/area.

But when they go test on the street, that's a little dicey. Doesn't seem like there is anything blocked off or closed. And I would think as much noise as those cars make, they can't really test in the same spot.

Wichers123

Reaction score
They just came to New Orleans again and had a race at the "da pad". Murdernova blew his motor. And people who say they aren't street cars because they are trailered everywhere. I would like you to travel 50/60miles to the track beat on it, hope it don't break and drive it back 50/60miles. Don't be upset because they have invested in a trailer and use it.

lsmustangx

Reaction score
If they have the fastest street cars why do they refuse to come to denver where at that altitude they have cats running in the 8's.... and the "outlaws" wont let them come to them and race.... ummm wonder why?

In other news I always thought since everyone calls them "outlaws" they are really just like the rappers like snoop dog and lil wayne. Just studio gangsters. And these "outlaws" are just studio gangsters as well.

Wichers123

Reaction score
If they have the fastest street cars why do they refuse to come to denver where at that altitude they have cats running in the 8's.... and the "outlaws" wont let them come to them and race.... ummm wonder why?

In other news I always thought since everyone calls them "outlaws" they are really just like the rappers like snoop dog and lil wayne. Just studio gangsters. And these "outlaws" are just studio gangsters as well.
Making entertainment from once being outlaws

punched281

Reaction score
I agree, but don't call it a street car then. A street car is a car regularly used on the street. Not a full out promod that is never on the street.

I drive at least 50/60 miles when I go to the track each way. I know I am not making "3000" horsepower, but still go to the track and drive it as hard as I can and then drive it home. Now larry larsons nova would be a street car since he actually drives it on the street.

Still love the show because it is cars racing, regardless of the situation.

Addermk2

Reaction score
TL : DR

The race meets are planned, coordinated, and OK'ed by local law enforcement. They only have 2-3 race nights for each season.

Look very hard when they are doing the race nights, you'll see that everyone is pretty much all parked in the same spot, all the time.

This fact was confirmed by BoostedGT himself. There were 3 (IIRC) episodes where his car ran like a complete box of smashed up assholes. All of those races were recorded on the same night.

Their test hits on the street - Real.
The crashes - real
their rankings - real

These guys were smart about their racing scene by having it televised... because now they can do their shit legally.

nitroram33

Reaction score
They just came to New Orleans again and had a race at the "da pad". Murdernova blew his motor. And people who say they aren't street cars because they are trailered everywhere. I would like you to travel 50/60miles to the track beat on it, hope it don't break and drive it back 50/60miles. Don't be upset because they have invested in a trailer and use it.

Kinda like what they do at Drag Week every year but for 1000+ miles instead? ;)

Wichers123

Reaction score
Kinda like what they do at Drag Week every year but for 1000+ miles instead? ;)
Drag week has purposed built cars for drag week. All of street outlaw cars can and have been driven on the street. As long as it has inspection sticker and plate with insurance it's a street car to me.

nitroram33

Reaction score
Drag week has purposed built cars for drag week. All of street outlaw cars can and have been driven on the street. As long as it has inspection sticker and plate with insurance it's a street car to me.

They do, sure. But every single one of them can do the 1000+ and without being trailer an inch of it. There's everything from 14 second bracket cars to Larson's truck that just ran a five in Vegas a little while back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online