Street outlaws

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Basically it isnt a street car its a street raced car. There deal has always been they will out run any car on the street. Basically the key to being fast in there deal is big block and big tire. If you notice theres no one close to number one with a small tire.

447sn95

Reaction score
4 black tires and a steering wheel = street car?

So how would any car NOT qualify as a street car? I can go to the DMV with a title or bill of sale and have plates in a matter of hours.

To me, any vehicle that should not be on the street is not a street car. So something caged should no longer be driven without a helmet, exhaust so loud it can permanently damage hearing, shouldn't be driven, etc.

Are you saying a caged car shouldn't be on the street? If so that would wipe out half the field for Drag Week, at least the ones people show up to watch.

Nobody is stopping you from building a car, calling it a street raced car and coming out to play.

JIMMY

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is a guy here in Louisville, slowmotion, drives a chevelle that will stand straight up all day on the street. One of the fastest cars I've ever seen. It has a full cage and then some, big monsterous motor with a lot of laughing gas, big tires, and is just all out mean.

But it still has all lights, most of its interior, heat, had ac till just recently, and a stereo. He still drives it to work half the time, drives it to the grocery every now and then, and drives it every where to race.

To me that is a "street car".

I seriously doubt daddy Dave, murder nova, chief, monza, or any of those top guys have heat, stereo, ac, half their interior, and still drives these cars on the regular. To me that makes their cars more like a promod that they just race on the street. You couldn't drive their cars light to light in downtown Louisville or any other big city for that matter.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Jimmy what car do you have you may have seen my car at no prep. I have the silver new edge I was right next to fabian.

447sn95

Reaction score
JIMMYUOTE=cameron57;1322937]Jimmy what car do you have you may have seen my car at no prep. I have the silver new edge I was right next to fabian.[/QUOTE]
I drove my cherokee to the no prep. Mine is a member of team jackstands at the moment. I fully intend to have it ready and bring it to the no prep next year.

JIMMY

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
But it still has all lights, most of its interior, heat, had ac till just recently, and a stereo. He still drives it to work half the time, drives it to the grocery every now and then, and drives it every where to race.

To me that is a "street car".

I agree with this.

I seriously doubt daddy Dave, murder nova, chief, monza, or any of those top guys have heat, stereo, ac, half their interior, and still drives these cars on the regular. To me that makes their cars more like a promod that they just race on the street. You couldn't drive their cars light to light in downtown Louisville or any other big city for that matter.

If the videos I've seen are accurate, then no, they most certainly do not have any of that stuff. They are stripped pretty bare.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't see the street as often but does some.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

RichV

Reaction score
Are you saying a caged car shouldn't be on the street? If so that would wipe out half the field for Drag Week, at least the ones people show up to watch.

Nobody is stopping you from building a car, calling it a street raced car and coming out to play.

JIMMY

Like I said, that's my opinion. I know some drag cages are very unobtrusive, but when you have a full halo, that's where I would not. Potentially you hit a curb and if your head makes contact with a bar it could be a bad day. Specially for passengers too.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Rich you and I think alike on this from what am I reading.

There is a difference between a "street car" and a "street driven car".

When I think street car I think something that is actually legal and allowed to be driven on the street.

These cars are street driven for racing only, they are definitely not street cars.

None of the cars on this show could be driven on the street in my State. Within a few miles they would be towed by the police.

Some States you probably could get away with driving around in them though.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I think when you lose most of your interior and creature comforts its not a street car anymore.

Or a car you can climb in and drive across the country..... mustangs suck for that in general but try that with kirkys

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Im building my blue car to be a street car hints no cage. My silver new edge can be street driven its just not comfortable.

Addermk2

Reaction score
the whole "street car" thing is why my car STILL doesnt have a cage. I'm soon to be pushing the 700hp range, and if I plan on taking it down the track... I'm going to need one.

But I dont want a 10 point, and Im trying to stay out of the 9's. IMHO, a 10 point with a halo makes the car no longer "daily driveable". Atleast with a 6 point (or 8) with swing out door bars, you can take the door bars out and still be perfectly capable of DD'ing the car. Although I'll be at Myrtle this year with no cage.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
My silver car is a 25.5 car and its a pain to get in and ou

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll b watchin with beer and popcorn in hand!!!! Reality tv at its fastest!!!!!! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

447sn95

Reaction score
This guy. With the way the Sooners are playing I might start watching the reruns.

JIMMY

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Sooners were doing terrible should be a good one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter