OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Ok im going to agree with okc preping the street is retarded

Racsirx

Reaction score
I watch the show, reminds of the old days when I was heavy into street racing, I couldn't see myself doing it now after I stuffed my 9 Second Mustang into wall around 100mph at the track, unless they had the same emergency crew as the track, I guess I am getting old and I worry too much, but you have to say these guy have some balls to drive on an unprepped road like that, have you guys noticed they all run Hoosiers? I have ran Hoosiers and they work for me but they seem crack too fast for me, I will say these guys have their cars dialed in for streets, probably wouldn't do well at the track, I wish you would show a time besides just a mph on the show and have rematches right away if the loser screwed up. The California episode was BS, some of the guys were from Northern California and never raced on that road before and the Oklahoma guys got to get practice runs to dial their cars which didn't make sense to me, wish they would have showed that.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
They make alot of adjustments to the suspension at track over street

spank 141

Reaction score
Been watching the show since day one. I enjoy seeing the cars and what stupid thing framtruck and Azn are going to do. I do think for TV when they race other cities they only race cars they know they can beat and not the fastest cars that town has. I wouldn't want to be seen on TV street racing personaly.

I can't wait to see what happens when Mike Murrillo races them saw his car in the previews for the season. Don't think they can beat his car unless he spins badly. I heard he did alot of street racing in Texas so hopefully it gets set up for the street.

I have to agree with they guys on here about street cars. A street car to me is street legal not a car that is illegal that gets driven on the street.

JKady

Reaction score
I think when you lose most of your interior and creature comforts its not a street car anymore.

Or a car you can climb in and drive across the country..... mustangs suck for that in general but try that with kirkys
What defines "most" of your creature comforts? My DD has no carpet, headliner, a/c, radio, airbags or back seat. Has race seats in it (cheapos but I got em for $25 a piece so they'll do till I find something better).

RichV

Reaction score
What defines "most" of your creature comforts? My DD has no carpet, headliner, a/c, radio, airbags or back seat. Has race seats in it (cheapos but I got em for $25 a piece so they'll do till I find something better).

Why not? It's like living in a house with no running water or shitters.

kb1982

Reaction score
This is my daily driver when the temps reach 55 and up and its not raining, so anything pretty much qualifies as a streetcar to me in the creature comfort category. I draw the line at using fuel that is available at gas stations, and it must be able to go through traffic without puking and frying the transmission, so 5500 stall automatics are out.

JKady

Reaction score
Why not? It's like living in a house with no running water or shitters.
Carpet was nasty and then got oil soaked (something spilled when I had all my crap in it the last time I moved), Head liner had water damage and looked like crap so it got removed. A/C didn't work anyway, radio sucked so I didn't use it, Sn95 back seat doesn't fit people over 4' tall, stock front seats were haggard.

I removed dead weight and or nasty stinky interior. This car is actually more complete on the inside than some daily's I've had. My beater metro had nothing but a plastic race seat and a dash board. I commuted farther in that than I do now.

If I feel the need for squishy, air conditioning and a nice stereo I drive my F350 but I don't like paying the 460 tax to daily it or parking a crew-cab long bed everywhere.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Heat a/ c an interior a child could be buckled into

Tabres

Reaction score
That cobra with the twins tho

I've met Joey (the owner) and have seen the car in person many times - super nice guy and an incredible car to see in the flesh. The shop that builds it (Dean's Performance in St. Charles, IL) is where I've been having my car tuned for the past few years.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I've met Joey (the owner) and have seen the car in person many times - super nice guy and an incredible car to see in the flesh. The shop that builds it (Dean's Performance in St. Charles, IL) is where I've been having my car tuned for the past few years.

Yeah man all those cars are fast but that thing is a work of art.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Gawd, trying pulling that shit in Florida in the summer, good luck :( I'd have to leave for work at like 3 in the morning just so I don't arrive a sweaty wreck. And then of course stay until like 9 at night and then go home, or just plan on showering when I get home. No thanks.

JKady

Reaction score
Gawd, trying pulling that shit in Florida in the summer, good luck :( I'd have to leave for work at like 3 in the morning just so I don't arrive a sweaty wreck. And then of course stay until like 9 at night and then go home, or just plan on showering when I get home. No thanks.
PNW weather does have advantages sometimes. We did have a string of 2 weeks or so this summer that were 85-90 every day but relatively dry.

Good heat and a working rear window defroster are higher on my list of concerns. Also not getting rid of my power windows since I usually gotta roll em down to knock the frost and fog off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online