Street Outlaws

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actually they are closer to 10,000 hp now days!
They could cover the 1/8 mile smoking the tires the entire way down and still outrun my car by train lengths! LOL
On a prepped track Top Fuel cover the 1/8 mile in the very low 3 second zone.

Ahem........

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/nhra101.aspx

Read down mid way and they discuss it

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What ever the horse power is I don't remember any cars on the shop that pulled the entire body of the car up to get in/out or anything this crazy. I think its time... It would be fun to watch it try and hook up.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why the hell did they drop 320 feet off?!?! Bunch of pussies................ Lol

nitroram33

Reaction score
Why the hell did they drop 320 feet off?!?! Bunch of pussies................ Lol

To give them more time to get the cars stopped after Kalitta died.

They're almost back to the same MPH as before with 320 less feet. Current Top Fuel record is 3.680 @ 332.75 whereas the old 1/4 mile speed record was ~336 IIRC.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They should of just extended the back half. Would of done the same thing

nitroram33

Reaction score
Some tracks don't have them room to extend the shutdown area as there is property owned by someone else or even public roads at the end of their shutdown areas.

Pomona-Sand.jpg

^That's from Pomona.

Rob04Mach1

Reaction score
Love the show and watch every episode but I also take it for what it is, (it's a bunch of Bad A$$ Race Cars racing on the Street). Ok maybe the street is prepped better than most of the tracks you'll ever get to race at but I still love watching and enjoy all the personality's and back storys.

As for the length of the tracks I have to say I have personally had problems stopping at a few of them and that was just in 9 - 11 sec street cars and trucks. I think they were all built when cars were a lot slower and as our cars and trucks get faster the tracks have not gotten longer. Now imagine going from 0-300 in 3 seconds trying to stop in that same real estate, anything goes wrong you got an accident waiting to happen... Hell at English Town I never make the first turn off and always have to go for second or even the third and final

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Ahem........

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/nhra101.aspx

Read down mid way and they discuss it

Do you believe everything you read on the internet? LOL
I believe that is an old article. They noted the Top Fuel cars trapped approximately 280mph in the 1/8. The local 1/8 mile track had a NHRA Top Fuel dragster run an exhibition run here. It wasn't even one of the faster teams and it still trapped 290+ mph.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? LOL
I believe that is an old article. They noted the Top Fuel cars trapped approximately 280mph in the 1/8. The local 1/8 mile track had a NHRA Top Fuel dragster run an exhibition run here. It wasn't even one of the faster teams and it still trapped 290+ mph.

Hey it was correct......................

.......................10 years ago!!! :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so does that mean that all 1/4 mile tracks are really 1000 ft or just for the top fuel people? I mean if I go to the track is it 1000 ft? I didn't know this either....

nitroram33

Reaction score
so does that mean that all 1/4 mile tracks are really 1000 ft or just for the top fuel people? I mean if I go to the track is it 1000 ft? I didn't know this either....
It's only for the nitro cars (Top Fuel and Funny Car), the other classes including the other pro classes (Pro Stock, Pro Stock Bike, and Pro Mod) run 1/4 mile races still.

cameron57

Reaction score
The orginal list has never had anything to do with street driven cars, it always been the fast car down the street wins not like they do a 50 mile cruise before they race. These cars did use to drive on the street to the local areas to race. But I would say it has gotten pretty crazy on what cars are on the list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

98snakehorse

Reaction score
It's losing my ideal of fun In watching street raced cars, but in the end like others have stated, It's an entertaining show of cars racing eachother. Honestly if they made a show of cars that are in the average Joes reach of owning one day, it makes it more relatable and fun to watch. That's just my point of view.

joekd

Reaction score

When you go for a test and tune the slips usually have your 1000' ET and 1320', at least they do at all the tracks I have been to

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I guess I can remember a time or two on pinks that they were arguing about how far to race and someone threw out 1000 ft. I just thought that he was rounding down. I follow drag racing when there is a big exciting accident but they just don't show much of it around my area either. Only track we have is 1/8th and it has had problems staying open the past few years.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well unfortunately if I want a track longer then 1/8th mile its 2.5 hrs away and I would be more then up for that road trip to the track but my chrones prevents that.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen an 1/8th mile track. All are 1/4 mile in my area but I think an 1/8th mile track close to the city of Philadelphia would be a great idea. Let the "street" racer import kids go nuts in their 140hp rockets and not hurt anyone else.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
The local track (18 mins from my backdoor) is 1/8 mile. Then within 40 mins is another 1/8 mile track. Within 2 1/2 hour drive I have a choice of (4) 1/4 mile tracks and another (5) or so 1/8 mile tracks. I LOVE being in a "Car Friendly" state!
1/8 mile can be a bit more challenging than a 1/4. Mainly because everything happens so quickly. If you mess up early it's hard to overcome it before the race is over. Where as a 1/4 you have the opportunity to make it up somewhat on the top end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.