Stroker Rotating Assembly

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I started digging around looking at parts and prices. Trying to figure out a direction to head with my Engine. Still have to wait to figure out the extent of machine work that will be done but was looking at my options.

Has anyone used or have experience with the Eagle Specialty Products offered by Summit? They have a Forged Stroker kit for $1500ish seems like a good deal. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I find it funny when i speak 5.4l and the know it alls talk about how the 5.4l dont make any power but here they go stroking out their 4.6l.

If it were me, stick to the stroke that it is

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I find it funny when i speak 5.4l and the know it alls talk about how the 5.4l dont make any power but here they go stroking out their 4.6l.

If it were me, stick to the stroke that it is

Not everyone wants that big ass behemoth of a motor that takes up even more room than the 4.6. There’s nothing wrong with stroker kits if the block is prepped correctly and it’s a quality kit. I’ve had a few stroker motors over the years with great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
88stang88

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Alright who pissed in the mans cheerios? Now he’s lumping me in with the know it all’s when I’m clearly a novice at mod motors which is why I asked to begin with. The cost between a standard stroke forged kit is so small I thought it’s worth the post to ask and learn.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The 5.4 does have it’s place and is capable of big power BUT they’re not exactly known for high RPMs like their 4.6 brethren. There is nothing wrong with stroking the 4.6 to gain some much needed lower torque. Honestly? If you’re going to stay with the B-head setup I’d stick to stock bore/stroke and plan for boost. Period. If you want NA power you need to consider a C-head swap.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright who pissed in the mans cheerios? Now he’s lumping me in with the know it all’s when I’m clearly a novice at mod motors which is why I asked to begin with. The cost between a standard stroke forged kit is so small I thought it’s worth the post to ask and learn.

Ignore Gary. He likes to bang goats so obviously he’s a little off. [emoji1787]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think he is lumping you in with them like you said it sounds like he was in a discussion with an LS fan or something. But back on topic, the man wants a stroker kit so hook him up! I say that because I too dream of a stroker kit and am lost on this topic.

OP
OP
88stang88

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
So here’s the thing, I am pretty sure the engine block will need to be cleaned up. It’s likely we are going to end up with a 20 over bore. My thought was (and you can tell me if I’m wrong here) make it a stroker to compensate the bore job and gain some low end torque. I still eventually want to add a blower down the road. I really like the idea of a blown stroker

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't, on a 4.6 the pistons come out of the bottom of the bores too much and put a bigger load on the piston side walls = short life engine but fun.

How long do you want to run the engine? 3 seconds at 300 MPH = rebuild every 1/4 mile. And the rebuild line starts there. Ever notice how many people here are gone after rebuilds? Something did not last long enough, but it was fun while it lasted.
It makes for easy to find project cars.
EVERYONE cheats on rebuilds, even the big names, you are the only one you can trust and what shortcut are you going to take when no one is looking.
There is a reason L&M Engines start at 14,000 for a normal lowpo street rebuild 4.6, anything less is a compromise, it might be overkill but..
The ones that do it right seem to have lower numbers than the rest for the price payed.

Eagle stuff is Chinese and I have used it before with not problems but that is why the price is low. Same with rods, Manley makes the H beam rod and they will tell you if you call them that are made in China. Manley rejects 93% and every other H beam rod is a Manley reject except for Molnar and they charge a bucket load for their rods.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You guys are funny!

Its ok to be novice at mod motors or anything else, cause we all were novice to something at one time and still are to alot of others stuff....im not bashing you and im sorry if you took me that way.

I state "the know it all's" apply their $.02 about 5.4l displacement being to much when a 4.6l is just as capable, but then you watch them build stroked 4.6l engines.

The mighty 4.6l is capable of any horsepower you desire, regardless of head choice.

If it were me and i was building for force inducing eventually, sleeve the block to stock piston size and buy forged pistons, coyote rods, use your crank(assuming no damage from water).

OP
OP
88stang88

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I will use this time to explain myself to all who read it...I have super thick skin and don’t get offended. I was just giving you some shit for the way it was worded. I will be dropping it off to the local machine shop and see what the official damage is before moving in any direction.

I’m also gathering that Eagle is not high quality parts also is this a fair conclusion?

Adfalenski

Reaction score
Stroked motors have a narrower dwell near top-dead-center so this narrows your power band. If you can live within a narrower power band, go for it, stroking the engine gains power but narrows your shift range. Nothing is free, it is just moved from elsewhere.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t realize the mid motors were so sensitive to be stroked out. But from what I’m seeing in some of these responses I guess they might be. My experience has always been with strokes out Chevy bb’s & sb’s and Ford pushrod motors.

Disclaimer: this statement was made by someone with less than desirable knowledge of mod motors and the working there of. So no liability or blame can be placed upon my evil ass if you ever listen when I speak up on mods.

[emoji1787]

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The 4.6l has the same stroke as a 429BBF and the 5.4l has nearly the same stroke as a 502BBF.

If this helps with comparison