Strut tower brace

Pale Horse

Reaction score
I am going to an Edelbrock performer intake. I was wondering if anyone has one with a Steeda strut tower brace. Is there any fitting issues I may need to be aware of ? thanks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The part of the steed that would not fit was the way the one side was not bent(can't remember which now I think the drivers side) and the bbk has a bend in both sides to where I though that it would fit. Pretty sure they use too advertise that it does go around most intakes as well. I gave up after trying 3 different types myself(except the BBK). The last one I found clears the intake, and I am pretty sure it will probably clear a big block with as much as it sticks out but the stock hood will not close with it. Since I started welding I have just been planning on cutting it down too fit.

xs man 27

Reaction score
I have this pic I saved not sure if it will help you or not..

OP
OP
P

Pale Horse

Reaction score
That's a big help actually, are you using a spacer? if so what size?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea see that bend on the bar that goes from the driver side wheel to the firewall with the bend in it to go around the intake. Steeda's do not have that bend and it will hit a cobra intake and I would guess would hit this one as well

xs man 27

Reaction score
I should have posted in my thread that is not my car .. pic I have saved bc my 95 gt vert didn't come with one and I have the same intake and was thinkin about getting a strut bar n will run into the same problem,, I have a bbk cai ,, what are you using ?

95opal

Reaction score
yea see that bend on the bar that goes from the driver side wheel to the firewall with the bend in it to go around the intake. Steeda's do not have that bend and it will hit a cobra intake and I would guess would hit this one as well

Not sure what steeda you had but the one I ran (351w) brace had the exact bend although the passenger side was a tad different. The longer runner intakes or intakes with huge spacers under them present the most problems when running a STB

Steeda 351 brace with holley and 3/8 spacer plenty room. Also had a TFS street heat with same size spacer fit.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is strange I remember when I tried to install it that it was straight and hit the corner of the intake. maybe it wasn't a steeda after all...

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I had mine bent ever so slightly and it cleared my cobra with a 1/2" phenolic spacer. Albeit a fox, but thats beside the point. Wouldnt cost much to have someone with a bender to alter the bends enough to make it work.

imageoks.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea that is where it hit on mine. I had to raise the intake for my heads and lost the brace because of it. I didn't have a welder then or I would have modified it to fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online