Strut tower brace...

thorco3

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a strut tower brace. If any one has one, whether it be a stock gt one or otherwise post up pics and your thoughts about it. I've found some stock gt stb's pretty cheap on ebay, i'm thinking i might just buy one of them and repaint it... or should i just spend a little more and get a new one from MM or blue oval industries or something.

just looking for any info and or pics of other peeps setups, thanks

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stock one is pretty good.

MM offers more support. Stock is fine unless you're looking to improve cornering a lot.

Mine is powdercoated blue, cant use it because of the PI swap.

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
alright... guess i'll try and fine a MM one then, cause I'd actually like to see an improvement out of it. I just drove brad's (goindeafonmtx) car the other day and felt like I could tell a difference.

so is ur's for sale then?

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Goindeafonmtx said:
A rear sway bar would help too. :thumb:

oh are you wantin to get me one... :banana:

maybe i'll just look on ebay for a used gt rear sway bar too...

94EMStang

Reaction score
Heres a pic of my stock one powder coated. i could tell a big difference w/out it while it was being powder coated.

wayne10.jpg

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
94EMStang said:
Heres a pic of my stock one powder coated. i could tell a big difference w/out it while it was being powder coated.

wayne10.jpg

how much did that run ya for the pc job? There are some that are so durn cheap on ebay i might just pick one up and repaint it or have it pc'ed.

Roadkiller

Reaction score
For an even more noticable improvement in chassis stiffness, get a set of full length sub-frame connectors instead. Kits cost about the same. If you don't have access to welding gear, you local muffler shop can put them in. IMHO, best bang for the buck chassis mod!

I could feel the difference in the car as soon as I moved it after the subbies were installed. The STB, not much noticed.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
Roadkiller said:
For an even more noticable improvement in chassis stiffness, get a set of full length sub-frame connectors instead. Kits cost about the same. If you don't have access to welding gear, you local muffler shop can put them in. IMHO, best bang for the buck chassis mod!

I could feel the difference in the car as soon as I moved it after the subbies were installed. The STB, not much noticed.
I've heard that. That is definitley my next suspension mod. I think I'm going to hit up Maximum Motorsports again for that one. :)

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
i've heard that subframe connectors are amazing... but the stb is something i can get used at a very reasonable price. and i've also be working in the engine bay a bit, cleaning and such so the stb would make a nice addition

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I have a stock brace for sale if you still need one. Send me a PM if you still need one.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
i've heard that subframe connectors are amazing... but the stb is something i can get used at a very reasonable price. and i've also be working in the engine bay a bit, cleaning and such so the stb would make a nice addition
Pshhhh.... slow.

Roadkiller

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
... but the stb is something i can get used at a very reasonable price....

Yes, used sub-frame connectors don't strike me as a good deal at any price ;D

The thing with subbies is they are a great mod for street, strip or track. One of the few mods that are just a good idea no matter what you are doing! I suggest you consider it for your next mod.

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
oh no, the subbies aren't somethin i'll skimp on... eventually full length maximum motorsports will find there home on my car, but just not right now

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
a 6 pt rollcage along with full subframe connectors will make your chassis super stiff :boink:

After adding that to my setup made my car have even less chassis flex around hard corners.

Roadkiller

Reaction score
I agree :naughty: (Check signature block :) )

The only problem is that with the frost heaves we get in the roads here in Nova Scotia, sometimes the street ride can be a bit rough!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You'll love the feel of subs, even more than the STB.

I highly recommend and definately say go with the Maximum Motorsports, weld in XL's

subwhole2.jpg

LI98GT

Reaction score
I got the light weight version (chrome moly steel) of the Steeda STB. I didn't want to add any unwanted weight high up in the engine bay and this version is much lighter than the mild steel versions out there. Easy to install, excellent quality and can feel the car is stiffer when when going over a bump with either just the left or right hand side of the car. It came powder coated black and IMO, brings the engine bay together. Pic below.

523851_40_full.jpg

523851_41_full.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
I didn't notice a difference when I got rid on mine, maybe it has something to do with the steeda subframe connectors ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online