Stuck nut on fuse box

1bad95

Reaction score
Anyone have any tricks to cracking this loose without destroying the fuse box? Seems seized on and attempting to turn it off the fuse box is flexing hard and definitely going to break.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
try a torch! :flame:

Just don't melt the plastic

But seriously, try some penetrating oil or else I found some crap called freeze-off. Its a penetrating oil that also cools/freezes the oil that comes out so it will help to cause some expansion/contraction between the stud/nut and get some oil in.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I had to remove the nut off mine the other day and it almost seemed like it was melted to the stud. It took some of my impact gun, while holding a screw driver behind the bracket to get it to come lose. Just be careful, that plastic isn't very strong. Like Ttocs said, penetrating oil.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Yup was able to finally get it. Torquing it before twisted the distribution plate in the bottom of the fuse box and pulled some of it pins and bent them, figured out that's why my power seat and CIG lighter quit working. Was able to disassemble the fuse box as much as possible and was able to hit it with an impact while able to get good leverage on the stud and plate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CKreations

Reaction score
Any body else, try a few ( read - apply a number of times over a couple days) applications of something like pub blaster or wd-40 rust release and like pit bull said, an impact driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like the freeze-off stuff myself and it not only has penetrating oil to help loosen it but the it freezes the area it gets wet so the temp change can help to loosen things up.

Franke31

Reaction score
Does anybody know what tool i can ise to switch oit the fuse box. Tried a small screwdriver with no luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online