Stupid 5.0

GreenPony95

Reaction score
Ok last night goin for a lil rip round town taken it easy n shit blah u know. Stop to go drop sum shit off n i notice a low repetetive clicking noise. At first thought it was the lifters but checked that shout out not it. Now if you look at our upper manifold to the throttle body its strongest about 2 inches up from the throttle bodie. im thinkin baby the tranny dieing considering im pretty sure i got loose tranny mounts. so i unnow any help would be great taken it to the shop tommorow so response(s) tonite would be great. thanks guys

G

GREG@SN95

way to broad for me to tell...

but one thing i can tell you is that driving around with loose tranny mounts is very stupid :nonono:

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
lol im just thinkin there loose cuz the whole car likes to shake at idle not a bad sumtin borken shake but a u know. i unno goin to shop tommorow

G

GREG@SN95

GreenPony95 said:
lol im just thinkin there loose cuz the whole car likes to shake at idle not a bad sumtin borken shake but a u know. i unno goin to shop tommorow
bad motor mounts

94gtstang50

Reaction score
If it shakes at idle it may be a bad harmonic balancer. If you type your thread out slower and clearer we may be able to help you figure it out.

Spyder

Reaction score
I would also check your harmonic balancer first. They are known to shit out on people.
Then check your motor mounts. CHeck for wear and tear, or completely broken.
If its a ticking sound, it may be your lifters. Im having that issue right now too.

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
Like the others have said, seems like a balancer problem. I'd check out the engine and tranny mounts as well. Another thing it could be, if you have been driving around long on a broken tranny or motor mount it could have loosened an exhaust flange and has an exhaust leak.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Mine used to shake at idle, felt like I was in an old muscle car with a big block. I got the balancer and timing chain done and it was a lot smoother afterward.

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Mine used to shake at idle, felt like I was in an old muscle car with a big block. I got the balancer and timing chain done and it was a lot smoother afterward.

ya thats wat it feels like, the tickings gone lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online