stupid brakes

97gtconv.

Reaction score
i put new rotors on (front and rear) and reused my rear pads (nice and flat and nothin wrong) i put new ones on the front... i greased up all the slide pins and the put some grease on the surface of the brake pad. i cleaned out the rubbers boots.

my car has a dead battery but i got a jump from a buddy and we bled my brakes. i took the car out and they work excellent no moan noise but i get the ceramic squeal here and there from my fronts. when i come close to a dead stop. however. i can't even push my car when it's in neutral. the Rear brakes are grabbing and making the moaning noise. i can't figure this out...i doubled checked everything....i'm able to press the caliper and see it move on the slides...i just don't get what to do. :nonono: :rant:

monkeydude3

Reaction score
check your parking brake cable, handle, etc. It sounds like that may be binding up. Where the cables attach to the calipers, you should be able to wiggle the lever on the caliper just a bit, and the cable should feel loose... if it feels really tight that may be the problem

OP
OP

97gtconv.

Reaction score
thanks, i moved the springs back and forth and applied some wd40. it seems to have done the job. hopefully it won't stick...i just won't use it. i got a auto.

OP
OP

97gtconv.

Reaction score
how do i brake in new rotors? i went on the highway for about 10 exits...came to the stop lights pretty hard, some just kinda coasted in. Does it matter that there cross drilled and slotted...there OEM still with a zinc coating

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You do like a few little brakes to warm them up, do like 3 hard brakes from 40 to 0, then like 5 hard brakes from 60 to 0 as hard as you can, accel right back up to 60 and do it again. After you have done it 5 times it should stink pretty good, make sure you drive for a good 10 minutes (without using the brakes unless you really have to) so go out at night and do it on the highway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99