STUPID FREAKING EGR!

GT3FC

Reaction score
I'v been dealing with a vacuum leak for a while now and I finally figured out it is coming from the bottom of the EGR valve. Problem is I cant get the Damn EGR valve bolted up right because the pipe from the exhaust manifold that that Attaches to the EGR sags so bad and with such force that I am unable to bolt my EGR on and get a good seal. Anyone have any experience or any ideas of how I can get this bolted up right?

chris91

Reaction score
Unbolt the upper Plenum and then bolt the EGR to the Plenum and then bolt your Plenum back up.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Unbolt the upper Plenum and then bolt the EGR to the Plenum and then bolt your Plenum back up.

Oh my god thats freaking genius! ill try it tomorrow! your awesome thank you so much I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get this right

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
the problem is its too low because of my nitrous plate raising the plenum so the EGR is lower than the plenum. the pnly thing i can think of is to take the plat out, connect the EGR then try and slide the plate under the plenum. the only hard part about that would be getting the gasket lined up correctly

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
How bout making a new tube that connects the EGR to the header. An exhaust shop might be able to help also.

chris91

Reaction score
Mine had plenty of room when I had it off. Do a Google search and see if this is a common problem with the plate setup. If it is I'm sure someone else has posted about it.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I got it on and it really wasn't too bad. I took the egr off then took the plate and plenum off and left the plenum unbolt ed while reconnecting the egr then slid the Plate and gasket underneath the plenum

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.