Stupid Gas

96GTRagTop

Reaction score
So i ran out of gas today. I knew i was running low, but i figured i'd beable to get back. I figured i had about 30 miles to empty and thought i was only going about 10. Make a long story short i went 40, and wound up having the car start to idle all funny. I saw the gas gauge and realized what was happening, so i immediately cut the ignition and lett her roll into a parking spot. Got some gas and through it in. Just want to make theres no chance i hurt anything, does anyone thing it would be a good idea if i used a fuel injector cleaner to make sure theres no crap in my injectors? I'm so glad i was in a parking lot and not on the road,
i had that happen once before while going uphill, and just managed to creep over the peek, and managed to roll all the way down the hill into a gas station. It was one of those OMG i can't believe we made it things, and as i pulled up to the pump the was a car leaving it. We were literally centimeters away from coliding. Was my mom's cutless and we wound up having to get a new furel pump n filter cause of it

9psi 98

Reaction score
I don't think that you'll have any problems, but a fuel filter and fuel injector cleaner are pretty cheap if it ever starts running like crap. I'm always so afraid of running out of gas that I never let my car go under 1/4 tank.

OP
OP

96GTRagTop

Reaction score
i'm ussually really good about being able to judge how long i got left. one time i put 15.4 gallons in a 15.8 tank. Today i just F***D up. The filter was replaced about a year ago...i have to check. i

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
i ran out of gas one time in mine... when the needle is on red you are screwed... i figured i could creep to the gas station also..

smasher41

Reaction score
i filled 15.2 gallons one day and my low fuel light never even came on. the guage was on red too. does anyone else's car do the same?

come to think of it, my low fuel light has only turned on one time it was low.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
We dont have low fuel lights! lol atleast I have never heard of or seen a 96-98 GT with fuel light!

OP
OP

96GTRagTop

Reaction score
trust me....we def don't have low fuel lights......i should know.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
smasher41 said:
i filled 15.2 gallons one day and my low fuel light never even came on. the guage was on red too. does anyone else's car do the same?

come to think of it, my low fuel light has only turned on one time it was low.

rofl, thats because we dont have one :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

but i always run mine low, than try to make it to the cheapest gas station far away (like i did today rofl) Its scary, but i make it.

smasher41

Reaction score
OMG, i feel retarded now, the LFL must have been on my 96 grand marquis ( spare family car I use often for crap weather) and lord knows my old poor old 94 taurus always had the LFL on all the time.
Damn, i guess i shouldnt assume since every other ford car ive been in has one, that my stang does also LOL

note to self, Always fill at 1/4 tank if possible O0

Whistler98

Reaction score
I try not to go below a 1/4 tank. My dad allways used to run out of gas in his s-10 and he would allways be able to roll to the gas station. One time we ran out and he just let it roll b/c he said even though we won't make it to the gas station it is that much futher we dont have to walk lol. Well he tried to start it after we stoped it started for a few seconds and he floored it and it cut back off and rolled all the way to the gas station.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online