Sub frame Connectors

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
CJ's Pony have some sfc on sale for $50. I was wondering if I could remove my vert' brace and install these? Do they actually help the car? Anyone feel a difference with sub frames?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't even have them on my car and I will be the first to tell you that they will help. Especially on a vert.

Are they full-length though?

And you can still run the K-brace with them.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I did MM full lenghts on mine and felt a small difference but nothing huge. Mostly when pulling up into driveways it didnt feel like it flexed as much. It may make more of a difference on verts though

Ill be interested if I can feel a difference at our autox this spring though

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
#1, only get them if they are weld in, full length.

#2, yes, you should get them (if #1 pans out.)

#3, you'll notice a difference in a convertible.

#4, have a frame shop install them - they have the equipment to measure the car properly.

#5, Be sure to paint (in some way) the welds afterwards to prevent rust.

#6, We have a CJPP discount code - be sure to see if it works for your purchase! :)

:-D

nightfire

Reaction score
They make a BIG difference if installed correctly. 90% of those with sub frames have them installed incorrectly.

They need to be....

1. full length
2. welded

MOST IMPORTANTLY!....

3. installed with the suspension loaded. The cars weight needs to be on the wheels! Anyone who gives you reasons otherwise is an idiot.

RichV

Reaction score
I did MM full lenghts on mine and felt a small difference but nothing huge. Mostly when pulling up into driveways it didnt feel like it flexed as much. It may make more of a difference on verts though

Ill be interested if I can feel a difference at our autox this spring though

If you don't feel a difference, either you drive like a grandma, or you have some factory freak chassis. You should feel a significant difference in high speed turns when loading/unloading the suspension. Weight transfer will also be different a the drag strip.

But they do need to be installed like nightfire commented.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think I noticed more help from subframes than any other mod, especially for the money.

Nightmare

Reaction score
I think I noticed more help from subframes than any other mod, especially for the money.

Noticed a night and day difference when I did mine. It really tied up my whole suspension setup together. If anyone tells you that they didnt feel a thing, they are full of it....You want to firm up the chassis even more? Get a cage....lol

wmfateam

Reaction score
Cage and through the floor sfc. That is the only way I have driven a SN95 as my car was purchased like that. I have never felt a bit of chasis flex. I test drove one from Craigslist with pretty much stock everything, holy moly. Felt like I was riding mattress.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
Cage and through the floor sfc. That is the only way I have driven a SN95 as my car was purchased like that. I have never felt a bit of chasis flex. I test drove one from Craigslist with pretty much stock everything, holy moly. Felt like I was riding mattress.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

lol, sadly true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online