Sub frame connectors

trebor3170

Reaction score
Any body here from the lower eastern shore of MD, or lower DE, have subframe connectors, and where did you get them installed? I'm looking to put some on my 95, and have no clue where to get it done. I know nobody's gonna be open right now, but for future reference.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you don't need to find a performance shop. Just check you local exhaust/muffler shop and they can take care of you. Automotive shops are still open from what I have seen being deemed necessary to keep the cars/trucks rolling.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Confirmed! Had mine installed at local body shop. They were happy to do it and to have the work. Totally worth the $100

TheOdessa

Reaction score
What brand subframe connectors did you get?

If you got MM FLSFC any exhaust shop or a shop that can weld can do it. Make sure to call and ask ahead of time. A shop that rebuilt my rear end for me was titled as a "Mustang performance shop". While they did a bad ass job rebuilding my rear end that another shop screwed up on, they couldn't weld. I had a local exhaust shop with an excellent reputation weld them in. It's not a hard job, but you want a quality shop with good welders to do it.

In my list of top 5 mods, this is in it. I have a Vert so I'm sure it played a factor as to why I saw such a huge difference, but the car felt so much more solid and truly planted. I seriously was shocked at the difference and kicked myself for not making it one of the first mods I ever did.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I also took advantage of the time it was up in the air on the rack and had them undercoat the car after. Its already up on the lift and they are doing some of the clean/prep so it saved a few bucks to have it done then and not have to worry about it.

TheOdessa

Reaction score
I also took advantage of the time it was up in the air on the rack and had them undercoat the car after. Its already up on the lift and they are doing some of the clean/prep so it saved a few bucks to have it done then and not have to worry about it.

Is that from the road salt? Fortunately I don't have to deal with that. What did that run you?

OP
OP
trebor3170

trebor3170

Reaction score

Don't have them yet, not sure which ones. I'm leaning toward Spintech, only because I'm thinking about one of their side exhaust kits. If I decide not to go that route, it'll probably be MM. Now drink!!

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Don't have them yet, not sure which ones. I'm leaning toward Spintech, only because I'm thinking about one of their side exhaust kits. If I decide not to go that route, it'll probably be MM. Now drink!!

I had no idea spintech even made them. I have MM's and couldn't be more happier. Just buy them from a vedor because going direct costs more. Bonus you can use it as a jacking point/jack stand point. Fitment was perfect as well.

I got that H20 flowing right now. Can't do alcohol til after 5 sadly. TGIF

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
spintech is the only brand that I know of that makes their connectors "stepped" around the side exhaust to make room. I had my set installed a couple of years before the car went down and like he said the first time leaving the driveway and then later getting into a turn I could feel it.

As for the undercoating its just for rust in general. Road salt makes it faster but short of being in the desert any car will have some rust on it.

TheOdessa

Reaction score
spintech is the only brand that I know of that makes their connectors "stepped" around the side exhaust to make room. I had my set installed a couple of years before the car went down and like he said the first time leaving the driveway and then later getting into a turn I could feel it.

As for the undercoating its just for rust in general. Road salt makes it faster but short of being in the desert any car will have some rust on it.
Spintech as in the exhaust company? I know their popular with GM cars.

joe65

Reaction score

If you got MM FLSFC any exhaust shop or a shop that can weld can do it. Make sure to call and ask ahead of time. A shop that rebuilt my rear end for me was titled as a "Mustang performance shop". While they did a bad ass job rebuilding my rear end that another shop screwed up on, they couldn't weld. I had a local exhaust shop with an excellent reputation weld them in. It's not a hard job, but you want a quality shop with good welders to do it.

In my list of top 5 mods, this is in it. I have a Vert so I'm sure it played a factor as to why I saw such a huge difference, but the car felt so much more solid and truly planted. I seriously was shocked at the difference and kicked myself for not making it one of the first mods I ever did.

Agree. I've had 3 sets of the MM full length welded under 2 foxes and 1 sn95 and all 3 times i was amazed at the difference. Especially the fox body, those things are tin cans. I've been mad the last few weeks that i haven't gotten them welded in my current project because i could really use the jacking rails.

Boostr1

Reaction score
Make sure whoever does it uses a drive on lift, if they use a 2 post lift it can tweak the frame/body then when you weld on the FLSFC it might not tweak back when it's back on the ground... So I've been told, but sounds logical.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Make sure whoever does it uses a drive on lift, if they use a 2 post lift it can tweak the frame/body then when you weld on the FLSFC it might not tweak back when it's back on the ground... So I've been told, but sounds logical.
that is one of the few but very important rules about sub frame connectors

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Any body here from the lower eastern shore of MD, or lower DE, have subframe connectors, and where did you get them installed? I'm looking to put some on my 95, and have no clue where to get it done. I know nobody's gonna be open right now, but for future reference.

Sorry I can't help you with shops in your area but asking other local Mustang owners on shops may help along with other suggestions made in this thread should steer you in the right direction. My personal opinion, is to get a quality full length subframe connector (FLSFC) and use a drive on lift (suspension loaded during welding)

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer

Reaction score

joe65

Reaction score
i just read that whole dang thing. I've noticed around there that the muffler shops have full rail lifts and typically most shops use the 4 point lifts. My last 88 notch i had full lengths put on it. I got there in the middle of the shop welding them and they had it on the 4 point lift. I was not happy, but it was too late.