Subframes awsome swaybars not

Spd0lit

Reaction score
sub frames are awsome night and day difference. My sway bar on the other hand snapped. I was hoping for some input about rear sway bar like a cobra or a bullit sway bar or any others that might be better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Suspect

Reaction score
how did that happen? :eek: u can get both front and rear eibachs from most places.

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it happened at the track on a perticularly hard launch. For the eibach i'm not so sure i'm willing to shell out like 300 bucks for sway bars just yet. i dunno

G

GREG@SN95

GonPlad said:
I'm pretty sure it happened at the track on a perticularly hard launch. For the eibach i'm not so sure i'm willing to shell out like 300 bucks for sway bars just yet. i dunno

eibach stuff is worth every penny...

Brian95GT

Reaction score
I found that the bullitt one is the exact same one as our stock one. Unless they are made of different metals, every size, shape and bend are the same.

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
anybody have opinions of steeda sway bars or the cobra bar? ???

ryclef331

Reaction score
Breaking rear swaybars is actually a common problem on these cars.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Sorry to kind of hijack the thread but if I got the bolt in tubular subframes that bolt it would those be good? I would also have the ends welded to.

ryclef331

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
Sorry to kind of hijack the thread but if I got the bolt in tubular subframes that bolt it would those be good? I would also have the ends welded to.

Yes, if you are welding them on the ends, they're just as good as most others.

as for the sway bar....I'm getting a nice drag race roll bar eventually. I can't comment on using any one elses bars though.

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
94 DropTop said:

Yes, if you are welding them on the ends, they're just as good as most others.

as for the sway bar....I'm getting a nice drag race roll bar eventually. I can't comment on using any one elses bars though.

u got a link?

also just go to a junk yard and swipe one off another GT

Steeda is a very good brand i would think its a very nice product and would be an improvement over stock

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Well i got every thing sorted out i found a deal over at the corral for a Eibach sway bar with 5,000 miles on it for 85 bucks shipped. 8)

ryclef331

Reaction score
GonPlad said:
Well i got every thing sorted out i found a deal over at the corral for a Eibach sway bar with 5,000 miles on it for 85 bucks shipped. 8)

check out wolferacecraft.com or even UPR's site. They're weld on setups...

916_5.0

Reaction score
Stangsuspension.com has a front and rear sway bar kit for 300 hundred bucks.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Brian95GT said:
I found that the bullitt one is the exact same one as our stock one. Unless they are made of different metals, every size, shape and bend are the same.

I have bullitt sway bars on my car, they are not the same as stock. The rear is actually 1/4" larger diameter than the stock one, but the measurements and bends that you mention are the same...it's just a lot stiffer. As for the front one, it's 1/2" larger diameter than stock and again bent the same way.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The Maximum Motorsports adjustable rear swaybar is a really nice piece that can make a night-and-day difference in over/understeer depending on how you adjust it. It works well because the stock rear swaybar on a Mustang isn't mounted in an ideal way.

Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online