Suggestions on street suspension setup

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I currently in the planning stages of my build and am looking for advice on a good setup for all around driving.
This car will never see a dragstrip, just looking for fun and capable handling.
I will be using 17 inch wheels all around, and probably be using 315/35s out back. I plan on going 17x8 and 17x10.5 for the actual setup.
I was initially going to use the M5400-A(bullitt) setup, but I only know of one place that still carries it. But have heard mixed things about it.

I am looking at the Eibach system as it has EVERYTHING minus caster camber plates and control arms, and the drop isn't extreme.
looking for 1-1 1/2 inches
And sway bars to match.
As for the rear, I plan on using J&M upper and lower control arms, I have had good experience with them.

So please chime in!

TanTop94

Reaction score
Go with the MM Caster camber plates for sure, you need the adjustment they give. Have you thought about Coilovers?

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Oops I suppose I posted in the wrong spot! Sorry!!

So the Super Sports and some Tokicos or Bilsteins?
And advice on the sway bars?
Or will the stockers suffice?

I remember using the eibach sway bars on my 09 and set it in the middle spot. Substantial cornering improvement over the stock pony package setup.

I've thought about coilovers.
But I don't see full adjustment being necessary for my usage.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Oh and since we are talking suspension, with my planned addition of Control Arms, will removing the quad shocks be an issue?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can remove the quad shocks. They're a pretty sloppy design to begin with. I took mine off even before doing control arms and never felt a difference.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm already running basically the same set up your looking at. Exception is I have Koni Red single adjustable shocks and struts. and Steeda 4 bolt CC plates. Stock K member and sway bars.
95% of the time my struts/shocks are on the softest settingand the ride is nice and smooth (definately not teeth ratteling for the long haul). When I decide to run the Dragon's Tail (318 turns in 11 miles) in Tenn/NC, all I have to do is use an allen wrench to tighten the suspension up. And it's get plenty stiff with very little roll.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Bilsteins all the way around, upr front K member and coil over setup, eibach front and rear sway bars, eibach rear springs (of your choice), go ahead and get the j&m with the 3 piece bushings that's what I have on the rear control arms.... and shit I would grab a watts link if you can. Imo that would be an awesome Street setup. I plan on running very similar

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Yes I was looking at getting a K member, just for cleaning up the front end, but everything looked to be for a coilover kit.
I figured a DD could stand to lose weight.
Even if I don't race it, the lighter it is, the better whatever power I have will work. Also to at least offset the 17s. Looks are never light haha
Was am looking into getting a weight of 3100 or so with me inside. Being a 248a I figure a few things are already gone.
Am planning a K member, A arms, flywheel, ds, and seeing what I can ditch without loosing too much when driving around in the summer.

I am almost certain I can get it down...question is how much do I want to toss to do it.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Do not switch to an aluminum flywheel if that's what you're thinking man. Aluminum flywheels drop the rpms too fast on a daily driven car, so definitely do not switch to that lol. You should check out upr's K member/coil over kits man its a great deal and I think you'll be happy with it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Oh really? I had heard for drag racing an Aluminum Flywheel was bad, but heard it was fine on the street.

And yes, I've been looking for a street K member.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online