Summer Was a Blast On 2-Wheels *First Motorcycle*

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Handz, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Handz

Handz Member

Sooooo, back in February earlier this year (when gas was pretty much $5 a gallon), I decided I was finally ready to try riding motorcycles. Never riding a motorcycle, and knowing nothing about motorcycles i needed to do some research. So i spent the next 2 months reading everything and anything about motorcycles. I learned alot about the mechanical workings reading service books. In april I took the MSF Training course to get my license. I enjoyed the class so much and learning to ride was amazing. So took the test and passed with a perfect riding score. Since I passed with a perfect score, i decided to start looking for a 600-650cc motorcycle. Yeah, I read on the forums, talked to all the people who said "You must get 250cc for your first bike, 600's are to much". I felt like getting something I might keep for a while. Was the best choice ever.

Picked this up the first week of May. 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6. Got a smoking deal on the bike. The first thing I did was perform a full service. Took the bike apart, did all new fluids, set up the suspension for my weight, installed sticky tires, got a slip on, and did a full detail. Guy before had put a set of sprockets and sliders.

I have been riding the bike so much. I put 5,000 miles on the bike since I got it. Learning to ride made my summer the best summer ever. I rode my bike everywhere all over Southern California. Here are a few pics of the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sinned83

Sinned83 Well-Known Member

Thing looks amazing for the year any future plans?

3. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Awesome bike. If I were to get one, I'd definitely get either a Yamaha or BMW. Sounds like you're really enjoying it. California is definitely one of the better places to own a bike.

4. CC'S95GT

CC'S95GT Legend

Looks great. Be careful out there. My son HAD an R6. They disintegrate when you T-bone a car.

5. Handz

Handz Member

Only plan is to stick to that maintenance schedule and ride it!!!

6. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Looks sweet. Don't listen (as I see you didn't) to all that crap about get a 250. Just respect the power. I for one think 250's lack too much and can make riding stressful "Do I have enough room to pull out here?" and usually, no, you don't.

I'd even suggest going for liter bikes, again recognizing the need to respect the power.

Looks good dude, congrats.

7. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

Jealous... not of the bike, but that you actually get to enjoy it.

We hardly had any good riding weather this year. ****ing cold ass summer and all the damn rain made bike ownership up here in northern Indiana pretty much pointless this season. Summer is over.

8. Pete@FTR

[email protected] Active Member Preferred Vendor

Nice, I got a '72 cb450 a couple weeks ago, great for riding around in the hot dry CA weather. Have been in LA all but one day each week this month so I've had very little time to enjoy it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ride safe!

9. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

Bike looks really clean, nice you live in a place you can use it so much. I just got my first bike a few weeks ago too but unfortunately we're going into winter so Idk how much ill be able to ride it yet this year.

10. Handz

Handz Member

Yeah, cali is a great place to ride. I am able to cut my commute to work from 70 minutes to 35 minutes just by riding the motorcycle. Gives me more time at night to enjoy life, study for school, and spend time with my girlfriend.

The R6 gets close to 50 MPG.