summit seats

rio94

Reaction score
does anyone know if the tan ones will match the saddle color in our cars, or should i should just go with the black. Really need new seats :rant:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the black ones would look sweet aginst the tan in your car. But as far as knowing if it will match I dont know......... :dunno:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
if the tan matches i say go tan, i think it will look different and good

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I dobut it will be a perfet match id be temped to go black and convert a few more things black in the stang?

I agree

OP
OP
R

rio94

Reaction score
ordered black ones should be here in a couple days :dancing6: :dancing6: thanks for the help in deciding

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
rio94 said:
ordered black ones should be here in a couple days :dancing6: :dancing6: thanks for the help in deciding

ahhh, post pics when you get them, and how your going to mount them. Im going to get the same ones probally and im interested in seeing how they are going to be mounted.

OP
OP
R

rio94

Reaction score
everyone says you can use your stock sliders and drill some new holes in them. so hopefully that will work. if not i will just have to modify untill something works :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
rio94 said:
everyone says you can use your stock sliders and drill some new holes in them. so hopefully that will work. if not i will just have to modify untill something works :)

really, thats the first time I have heard that. I was under the impression that the stock ones WOULD NOT work at all :dunno: :dunno:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ive heard some people say that either they would or they think they will.. i want to get the jegs ones and do some suede inserts.. i think brians doing the same. :)

redripper

Reaction score
The stock ones dont work at all on the summit seats. I have the black ones in my car now and hate them. I wish I would have seen this a while ago. They look good for the price but the bolsters that are on the back rest will wear through quickly. I have had mine less than a year drive the car about 2 times a month and the bolsters have worn through. I welded tabs to the brackets that the seat came with and made them work. The seats dont slide the best but it works. Also the padding in the ass of the seat is thin they dont make good for long car rides. If you want pics i can get you some out of my car.
BRAD

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
redripper said:
The stock ones dont work at all on the summit seats. I have the black ones in my car now and hate them. I wish I would have seen this a while ago. They look good for the price but the bolsters that are on the back rest will wear through quickly. I have had mine less than a year drive the car about 2 times a month and the bolsters have worn through. I welded tabs to the brackets that the seat came with and made them work. The seats dont slide the best but it works. Also the padding in the ass of the seat is thin they dont make good for long car rides. If you want pics i can get you some out of my car.
BRAD

this is the first complaint I have ever heard about them :dunno:

S

scarface

Stock sliders on my seats here...the aftermarket ones were CRAP.

redripper

Reaction score
I hate to say it but its true. I wish I would saved for better seats. If you have a cage in your car there even worse cause where you slide down into the seat will wear though to. They are a cheap alternative and will work for a year or so. I hope you have better luck with them than i did.

BRAD

S

scarface

they work great for me, I cant speak on long term lasting. I RARELY drive my car, it will be an antique before these seats wear out.

OP
OP
R

rio94

Reaction score
wow that sucks :( seats are here but havent had a chance to mess with them yet

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about the way your seats did, but I'm still planning on getting a set, I'm taking mine to a upholstery shop and having a little work done to mine. I'm getting suede put down the center of the seats, so while im at It I will have them look at the sides to see if they should be re-stuffed with some kind of other material.

I dont plan on having it more than another year to year and a half anyway.........its Terminator time by then

OP
OP
R

rio94

Reaction score
so scarface you were able to use your stock sliders with your seats, if yes any info on how you did it would be appreciated :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah