sumped stock gas tank help?

lsmustangx

Reaction score
I am planning on slumping my gas tank this weekend and I'll be running an inline fuel pump. What will i got to do to keep my gas gauge and to terminate my stock 4.dick fuel pump? If to much work what would it take to use am after market gas gauge? Its a 1997 but using a 1995 gt gauge cluster due to the LS swap. And if anyone has a slumped tank here please post a pic?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on slumping my gas tank this weekend and I'll be running an inline fuel pump. What will i got to do to keep my gas gauge and to terminate my stock 4.dick fuel pump? If to much work what would it take to use am after market gas gauge? Its a 1997 but using a 1995 gt gauge cluster due to the LS swap. And if anyone has a slumped tank here please post a pic?

Okay, here's the non-relevant part of my post: I'm assuming you post using a phone which is doing auto-correct for you. If this is the case, it makes me wonder what you are normally typing to have the above highlighted auto-correct in your dictionary. lol ;)

Moving on to the relevant part: You'd have to measure the resistance range that is sent on the stock fuel sender vs. what your inline pump sends - I'm assuming the pump doesn't fit into the stock bracket? Is it a complete replacement? In short: if the pump just drops into the stock bracket with sender, you might be okay. If it's a totally new pump: does it have a fuel level sender? If so, what resistance does it send out? Most likely it won't match the Ford factory gauge (though it might). If it doesn't, just get a programmable Auto Meter fuel level gauge, program it for what you what, and you are good to go.

In my cluster, I use a programmable Auto Meter fuel gauge. Works okay.

95opal

Reaction score
some pics of the sumped cell I made. Ditched the stocker when I minitubbed it.

DSCF1203_zpsea7c2c96.jpg

DSCF1206_zps0b4f1382.jpg

DSCF1617_zpsdb6e1460.jpg

DSCF1236_zpsf73ff354.jpg

DSCF1245_zps40776c05.jpg

IMG_20140821_214240_zpsf18b30b0.jpg

punched281

Reaction score

I used the stock hats and then used the return line fitting with an adapter to run the braided line to. Cemented the other shut. My fuel gauge doesn't work, but I'm doing all the gauges autometer anyway. I regret welding it without gas, hence all the sealer.

OP
OP
lsmustangx

lsmustangx

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help. I love that tank you made. But I figured put how to keep my stock gauge and now I'm shopping for a new inline pump since the used one I bought was burnt put. Damn craiglists scams

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I went the easy route and run a Glenn's 1000hp setup. What pump/pumps are you planning on running and how much power?

OP
OP
lsmustangx

lsmustangx

Reaction score
I went the easy route and run a Glenn's 1000hp setup. What pump/pumps are you planning on running and how much power?

That's sexy.... and I'll be starting out at around 500hp with and end goal of 900hp. I'll be boosted so I'll need a bigger pimp from what I've read... I want to buy one set up and use it for the 500hp and 900hp set up.... but under stand if not possible due to the fact I gotta pay to play lol

punched281

Reaction score
Yea Glenn's is really nice, I've got about 300 in my setup... Glenn's is just a tad bit more. Mine was plenty easy too. But if I could afford it I would have bought the Glenn's stuff for sure.

You want e85?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online