Sunroofs on sn95's

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
I was at a car get together not too long ago which was had many different cars and people. I was sitting by my car talking to a friend and some guy comes up and asks me who put the sun roof on my mustang, I gave him a blank stare and said it came that way from the factory and he said "oh and walked away". Now that I think about it, I cant say I have seen a single sun roof sn95 around where I live. I Have seen some on the computer, just none around where I Live. Was this a rare option on sn95's? My car is a 95 gt. Im just curious guys please give me your input.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
yeah but if you guys see it in person, it just looks too good to be aftermarket.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
yeah but if you guys see it in person, it just looks too good to be aftermarket.

then it was a quality part with Professional installation by someone who knew what the hell he was doing :thumb:

G

GREG@SN95

95Grandtouring5.0 said:

its supposed to look good...

that just means who ever installed it took their time and cared...

Bring me a car and sunroof kit and I'll install it... not hard... the only thing thats hard to do with cars (for me) is that computer shit and wires

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

its supposed to look good...

that just means who ever installed it took their time and cared...

Bring me a car and sunroof kit and I'll install it... not hard... the only thing thats hard to do with cars (for me) is that computer shit and wires
mine isnt electric.

St33da

Reaction score
A few years ago I owned a 95 GT and it had an electric sunroff from the factory. I will try to dig up some old pics to post. :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
St33da said:
A few years ago I owned a 95 GT and it had an electric sunroff from the factory. I will try to dig up some old pics to post. :)

a factory installed sunroof ??? did you get this car showroom new? I have never heard of dearborn installing a sunroof on a 94+ stang :dunno:

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
St33da said:

I honestly think mine is factory, everything just works too nice like it was right from ford, but these guys are telling me different and im not going to call them liars because they know more about stangs then me.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I have a sunroof on my 94 also. It looks pretty good and is electric as factory as it looks FORD will claim they did not produce any 94 or 95 GT's with sunroofs maybe they are mistaken..

r_suh

Reaction score
i have a sunroof too. dunno its ifs aftermarket or oem but its kinda old. but works GREAT! and NO LEAKS! i was soooo happy when i saw it on the car when i went to take a look at it. i didn't even notice it until the guy pointed it out to me. i was too focused on the driving part lol. by the way its an electric sunroof too.

St33da

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
a factory installed sunroof ??? did you get this car showroom new? I have never heard of dearborn installing a sunroof on a 94+ stang :dunno:

no i did not purchase te car new, but the sunroof did not appear to be aftermarket. let me dig through some boxes and see if i can come up with some pics and you can judge for yourself. if its not factory, it was one hell of an install.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
No factory installed sunroofs on our cars guys. My friend is in the sunroof buisness, he used to get a bunch of Ford buisness. He would prep the cars with sunroofs, body kits and or custom rims. They would then go back to the dealer and be sold as is, with the new price reflecting "dealer installed" options. All you guys that have had them since new...pull out your invoice!!

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
St33da said:
Snakebit said:

no i did not purchase te car new, but the sunroof did not appear to be aftermarket. let me dig through some boxes and see if i can come up with some pics and you can judge for yourself. if its not factory, it was one hell of an install.

thats what im saying, my sun roof, looks way too god damn good and works way too well for me to think its aftermarket.

Xuzhu

Reaction score
My cousin had one in his 96 mystic.... :( Wasn't the best job, not the worst either, but it ruined that car.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Xuzhu said:
My cousin had one in his 96 mystic.... :( Wasn't the best job, not the worst either, but it ruined that car.
what a way to ruin a mystic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online