Sup guys!

SpeedySnake

Reaction score
My name is Josh and I just picked up this 1994 Cobra from my Step-dad and Mom. My Step-Dad had bought it for my mother late 2011, but she never really drove it, so basically it's been sitting for 2 years now.

Now don't get confused by the whole Step-Dad/Mom thing. I'm 26, have a job and -relatively- have my own place. Basically, lost my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 and needed a car, and my Mom said "Hey, we have this, and we don't use it."

Prior to this I've owned:
1991 Honda CRX HF
1990 Honda CRX Si
1997 Acura Integra GS
2000 Acura Integra GSR
1988 Mitsubishi Starion (Which was called anything from a Supra to a Foxbody by random people.)
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3

Onto the car:

-1994 Mustang SVT Cobra 5-Speed
-98975 Mi. Of course this is based on approximation and notations, since the Odo's been broken since 74531. Basically the place they bought it from gave a binder of noted distances and approximate mileages, so the car was titled in my Step-Dads name at 98025. Since my mother never drove it but 3-4 months to/from work at the time and then parked it, I approximated 98975 on the title when I registered it. I'm in the process of purchasing a new odo gear to rectify the issue. Is this a common problem?
-Performance White in actually pretty damn good condition considering the car hasn't been repainted. only two blemishes on the whole car and they are both on the roof.
-Side-Exit Exhaust Option w/ Sideskirts. Which I need to replace the side-pipes, they've rotted away. Anyone know of, or are selling side-exits?
-Mach 460 Stereo Option with a non-working Vol Down button. Why turn down when you can turn up?
-Brand new Rotors, Ceramic Pads, Complete Fluids flush and change, plugs, wires, K&N Air Filter, Bilstein Shocks, pretty much nothing maintenance-wise needs to be done at all except the exhaust, which I'll probably have to have made at a shop as I can't really find any affordable side-exit options. I'd like to keep it side-exit.

Now for pictures:
20140130_142756.jpg

20140130_143034.jpg

20140130_143057.jpg

20140130_143142.jpg

20140130_143523.jpg

20140131_154147.jpg

20140130_114731.jpg

Thanks guys, and would love to hear your recommendations and comments!

-SpeedyJones

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Nice looking car - welcome to the Mustang Community.
Get a good detail when the snow melts and fix the exhaust like you said and you're ready to roll!!!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice car, looks to be very clean. The odo gear is a common problem. try searching craigslist/forums/ebay for a Borla side exhaust, I know they work well with those side skirts. I wonder what exhaust it has now that it rusted out. you sure it's not just loose?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice ride! Those crx's are fun little cars for sure, I think your gonna like the cobra too. Good luck and welcome

OP
OP
SpeedySnake

SpeedySnake

Reaction score
Blackdemon007:
Thanks! I'm going to get it fixed ASAIPC (As soon as I possibly can), it's the only thing they said it failed inspection when they tried for. I have 30 days to get it inspected anyways since I just registered it. Exhaust will be fixed/replaced by then for sure.

5-oh-MUSTANG:
Not too much, maybe a Cobra R hood, Cobra R/Terminator wheels, Lowering springs. That's pretty much it for Appearance, Possibly swap to verticals with sequential tails and maybe then smoke the tails/headlights. All depends. Oh, and either repair/replace the OEM side-exit skirts. The Fiberglass is cracking over/around the fasteners on the door sill on the left side. The right one is fine.

When it comes to performance, Replace the side-exits with improved versions (The rumble right next to your ear is intoxicating.), headers, catted X-Pipe, braided brake lines (One of the mods I do to all my cars), Intake. Just simple stuff to improve driveability and fun. I might get more serious down the road when I have some more disposable income. At this point I'll be working with my pay/fed refund.

TopTan94:
I know right? Apparently according the story that came with the car is it was a former Ford Display/Exhibition Car, partially explains it's relatively low miles and extreme state of OEM Original goodness. I will replace the headunit though, kind of annoying not being able to turn the music down and I'll bet it'll push the Mach 460 system much better. Not to mention age has reduced the units ability to shield out the ignition interference. Is there a specific wiring harness to use for the headunit since it has a Mach 460? Also, I'd probably want to remove that lower factory CD changer. Is there any block off plates?

OnyxCobra:
Thanks! It seems so since you guys actually have a DIY for replacing it, so it must happen often enough. I search forums religiously before I post, and I read every DIY/Tech/etc I can. I'm like an info sponge to be honest. I've been looking everywhere for a side-exit, and the only one I've found so far is the Spintech, but at $600 or so, it's a little rich for my blood at the moment. But I'll definitely search around for a Borla. As to what it had, I'll assume OEM factory Ford Racing, and I'm sure it's not loose, I crawled under and the end sections have rotted off to the point where the exhaust ends just past the subframes. It's got about another 6-8" before it even is visible in the outlets of the sideskirts. I was thinking of lopping the rotted part off, buying some pipe and having a friend weld it up to a clean section of pipe and grab some dual-tip exhaust tips. Or just take it to Meineke, I have a really good one in Fredericksburg, VA where I live that did the Muffler Delete/Straight Pipe on my Speed3.

Burninriverdiver:
Thanksfor the welcome! It's much appreciated!

TanTop94

Reaction score
Hopefully someone else can chime in on the Mach system as I did not have it in my car, though my brother has it in his car he hasnt replaced the headunit in it yet or removed the stock CD player. If I get around to doing it before you I will let you know everything I did to it.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Welcome! Seeing your an old Honda owner I can now understand why you covered your license plate, no need to cover your plates, thieves don't normally like to steal Mustangs lol

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Damn so you came from a long line of rice? lolz. Mazda speed is cool though. Really going to be a different car the old mustang and the imports.

drew_swiz

Reaction score
Bought my car with 460 system in it ...my brother has the same car and he doesn't have the 460. Mine idk how to put it but it crackles a lot! But my brothers does not and I have a ken wood head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sn95jones

Reaction score
Bought my car with 460 system in it ...my brother has the same car and he doesn't have the 460. Mine idk how to put it but it crackles a lot! But my brothers does not and I have a ken wood head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh give it time lol I said mine was clear and crisp when I got mine and ended up replacing the two rear amps and the driver speaker which I'm getting the feeling ill be doing real soon again. They sound good while they last but they don't hold up very well.

OP
OP
SpeedySnake

SpeedySnake

Reaction score
Damn so you came from a long line of rice? lolz. Mazda speed is cool though. Really going to be a different car the old mustang and the imports.

Well, none of my cars could ever be considered rice. My 97 GS with a lowly B18B non-VTEC automatic could outrun K-powered ITRs in the twisties. I put function over form above all else. I just did it with nice looking parts. Didn't hurt I was a DoD contractor at the time, but then again I only put about 7k in the suspension alone. I loved my Speed3. Sadly my brother decided to run off to Las Vegas and not keep his end of the payment up, so I got stuck trying to pay $617 a month car payment. Just couldn't do it.

OP
OP
SpeedySnake

SpeedySnake

Reaction score
Welcome! Seeing your an old Honda owner I can now understand why you covered your license plate, no need to cover your plates, thieves don't normally like to steal Mustangs lol

Yeah, when your Integra tops the lists of 10 most stolen cars, and 5 of those are different years of your car, you have to be careful. Not that it mattered. Those were my mom's plates, and they were two years dead. Just covering my bases.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Yeah, when your Integra tops the lists of 10 most stolen cars, and 5 of those are different years of your car, you have to be careful. Not that it mattered. Those were my mom's plates, and they were two years dead. Just covering my bases.

Oh I know about it lol my last Honda was a 97 Accord and it was #2 on the most common car stolen list 5 years ago.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
OP
OP
SpeedySnake

SpeedySnake

Reaction score
Ford racing never made a side exhaust to my knowledge, I thought they used the Borla side exhaust. Pretty sure those kits were dealer installed though, not from the factory.

here are a few examples i found on CL:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4305024830.html

http://treasure.craigslist.org/pts/4275338771.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/4271403487.html

http://lexington.craigslist.org/pts/4281221068.html

Where the hell is treasure cove? Or lexington/Danville? Those are all a pretty good hike (I assume of course, but then you know about assuming.) and I doubt they'd want to ship them..

Sent from teh gayz of the internet in some hole.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online