Superbrightleds - Don't be a dummy like me

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I ordered dome leds for the mustang from superbrightleds.co

Don't use their "vehicle led bub finder".

I used the vehicle finder for 1994 mustang, they had 1 type of led. The length seemed close to what my search said it should be, so i ordered it.
I thought I did my research, I guess not. The length is correct, but it needs the side contact rather than the end contact.

Q6wiC69.png

I have contacted the superbrightleds.com to see about an exchange and hopefully correct the site...
Now I hope the focus's leds are correct...

Don't be a dummy like me.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Focus:

Map lights don't fit. Need wedge style instead of round.

License plate lights DID fit! yay....

Dont use the vehicle led bulb finder...

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That website is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. I would never consider buying from them.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That website is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. I would never consider buying from them.
Yeah I know. I think I'll go back to ebay cheap stuff, my dash and HVAC work perfect. But that company didn't have the right bulbs.

I thought the vehicle finder would work... So then I didn't have to screw around with try to find correct length of the festo bulbs. Then I could also order all my bulbs at once and not screw around with shipping.

*face palm*. Don't trust the super expensive site with a good rep.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I also looked up the OEM sizes and used the website a converter to compare to their vehicle search.
Guess that obviously doesn't work.

I guess we'll test their customer service...

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The cheap eBay garbage from China isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Although, I agree that place is overpriced, you do get what you pay for in most cases.

I had some of the cheap-o eBay 194 LEDs in bright white left over from a previous project so I decided to redo the dash illumination bulbs on the Crown Vic. Two of them have already failed and a third is about to give out. Needless to say, now I have to tear the damn thing apart again. I wish I would have spent the money and gotten higher quality bulbs.

chris91

Reaction score
I purchased a bunch of bulbs off ebay and have yet to have any of em fail. Guess I got lucky. I have them in my License bulbs on both of my vehicles, puddle lights on the explorer, and interior lights on both. I have a bunch of the Festoon lights as well as the wedge bulbs if anyone is interested.

Sorry Orange that doesnt include you. Not sending anything to Canada again in my lifetime. lol

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I returned all the bulbs except the focus license plate ones.
I ordered eBay ones because I've had good luck. I only ordered from super bright because of the vehicle finder and I could order all from the same place and save shipping.

When I contacted super bright they weren't concerned at all about their vehicle finder. They just sent me the exchange/returns form.

Sorry Orange that doesnt include you. Not sending anything to Canada again in my lifetime. lol

Don't want to send parts on a month vacation to NY again?

MissV8Der

Reaction score
I've used Superbrightleds several times and haven't had a problem with the quality of the bulbs. I have ordered LEDs from china on eBay and those have went out within a month of use.

I also use this link to find out what bulbs to get:

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx

Don't pay attention to the check marks, that just says what bulbs Sylvania makes for your car, it will give you a list of each bulb number for your car. Very handy.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've used Superbrightleds several times and haven't had a problem with the quality of the bulbs. I have ordered LEDs from china on eBay and those have went out within a month of use.

I also use this link to find out what bulbs to get:

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx

Don't pay attention to the check marks, that just says what bulbs Sylvania makes for your car, it will give you a list of each bulb number for your car. Very handy.

same here. no issues

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
My 95 has the cheap LEDs and they suck. The pattern is not uniform and the lights aren't very bright

I put the superbrightleds blue 360 bulbs in my Blazer and they were great. (sorry for the blurry pic)

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't create this post to argue eBay vs sbl....
In my experience eBay ones are better...

Just don't use the vehicle finder if you want sbl

MissV8Der

Reaction score
I didn't create this post to argue eBay vs sbl....
In my experience eBay ones are better...

Just don't use the vehicle finder if you want sbl

And that's why I linked the bulb finder I use above...

but I also had to insert my opinion because I'm female and that's what I do. :cool:

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And that's why I linked the bulb finder I use above...

but I also had to insert my opinion because I'm female and that's what I do. :cool:
Does the link show the bulb size in the led version like super bright?

Because I found the bulb sizes (OEM), used the crossreference sheet (to convert oem size to led sizing) on super bright and compared to the vehicle finder bulbs. They were the same, which was obviously wrong.

MissV8Der

Reaction score
Does the link show the bulb size in the led version like super bright?

Because I found the bulb sizes (OEM), used the crossreference sheet (to convert oem size to led sizing) on super bright and compared to the vehicle finder bulbs. They were the same, which was obviously wrong.

Ooooohh, I thought you meant the original OEM sizes. No, that doesn't cross reference any of the bulbs, I didn't realize that's what was wrong on SBLs website. Sorry :lipsrsealed:

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no, I know what the original sizes are.

Use super bright if you want, just don't trust the vehicle finder or the cross reference.
When I contacted the company there was an actual section for wrong vehicle bulb finder or something worded along those lines. They didn't seem concerned it was wrong, just sent me the return/ exchange form....

MissV8Der

Reaction score
Oh no, I know what the original sizes are.

Use super bright if you want, just don't trust the vehicle finder or the cross reference.
When I contacted the company there was an actual section for wrong vehicle bulb finder or something worded along those lines. They didn't seem concerned it was wrong, just sent me the return/ exchange form....

I gotcha. Thankfully everything has worked out that I've gotten from them (which is quite a bit). I don't like ordering from places that don't have good customer service and it sounds like they weren't that great to deal with. Plenty of other places to get LEDs that last.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online