Supercharged 331 cuts out at wot

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Mustangx5, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mustangx5

Mustangx5 New Member

Cuts out whenever going quickly to wot, any gear or speed but worse in 1st and 2nd. It's got a manual valve body aode with the original auto computer and and sct chipped tuned by Lsxkiller in Kansas. I replaced the distributor, coil and tfi module while it was on the dyno and the problem went away so we thought it was fixed however we got it home and it has come back. Replaced the pip again with a new motorcraft and got one clean pull on the street then it came back again. Would a tm40 5 spd computer do anything for it or does the sct chip wipe out the automatic shift parameters anyway? Any ideas would be great this thing is killing me!!

2. Mustangx5

Mustangx5 New Member

Some more info on the car: 340lph pump with -8 supply and -6 return aeromotive boost reg at 43 psi idle, SCT BA2600 MAF, 60lb injectors, 75mm tb 331 with hci plus plus vortech v2 si 3.33 pulley ngk 8 plugs gapped at .025(also tried autolites 3924). I've replaced distributor twice and pip twice, tfi module and coil, disconnected msd 6al. Drove with fuel pressure gauge hooked up where I could see it with no dip in pressure, seems like spark and fuel cut out, I would think if spark alone it would back fire occasionally when it cuts in and out but it's clean but nothing like a rev limiter.