Supercharged Stroker?

Daywalker

Reaction score
I was talking with a local machine shop about a week ago, and they told me something very interesting. The guy told me that if I wanted to get good N/A power, to get a forged stroker block( 4.6 to 5.0). I told the guy that I wanted to add a blower later, and he told me that stroked 4.6Ls don't work well with blowers for some reason. Is there any truth to this or no? I've got my eye on Modular Mustang Racing's forged stroker block, and it say's that I could specify supercharged, turbocharged, N/A, or nitrous. I don't wanna buy this thing and not be able to use it with my blower set-up. Thanks a lot...

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
all i know is the 4.6L stroker is still a "new" breed for us. back when i was thinking about doing it, maybe less than a year ago, i had only heard of a few people stroking the 4.6L out, now if your buying a block then its different. but still stroker motors are usually high compression motors because of the stroke. but alot of people will say "its all about BIG BORE" which yes is true, but some fail to realize the stroker motors are also a big bore motor as well.
anywho, if you find any other info on this, id sure as hell love to read about it. good luck!

W

WODY281

In my opinion the guy couldn't be more wrong. A friend of mine had a stock bottom end in his 99 gt (supercharged & all bolt ons.) And it made great horsepower, but when he stroked it the horsepower jumped like 40 horses to the wheels. The guys now makin over 500rwhp! I'm really not sure how he could think that they don't work well with superchargers??? :dunno:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
there shouldnt be any reason why a stroker cant be supercharged, as long is compression is low then it is perfectly fine.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
more air per charge = more power
plenty of guys run strokers with blowers.
you don't wanna got way extreme.

Down side is you cant rev it as high,
so if your going centrifical, you may wanna consider that.

sardeanie

Reaction score
People can saay different things but I can tell you from y experience. Just finished a Kenne Bell 2.6 VT 5.0 stroker. Was originally cammed and pistoned for N/A with maybe N2O. Engine was expected to make about 330 rwhp on motor. I changed my mind at the last minute and went with the new Kenne Bell. My tuner/builder, Lidio at Alternative Auto, had no issue with the 10:1 compression. Basically you just tune to it. Bottom line is we made 557/487 at the wheels with the 12lb pulley(actually made 13 lbs) the a crazy 621/538 with the 15lb pulley and methonal injection. That's on pump gas with a safe tune and it is a street car. Find a tuner/builder that you trust and go for the stroker! I could not be happier!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
sardeanie said:
People can saay different things but I can tell you from y experience. Just finished a Kenne Bell 2.6 VT 5.0 stroker. Was originally cammed and pistoned for N/A with maybe N2O. Engine was expected to make about 330 rwhp on motor. I changed my mind at the last minute and went with the new Kenne Bell. My tuner/builder, Lidio at Alternative Auto, had no issue with the 10:1 compression. Basically you just tune to it. Bottom line is we made 557/487 at the wheels with the 12lb pulley(actually made 13 lbs) the a crazy 621/538 with the 15lb pulley and methonal injection. That's on pump gas with a safe tune and it is a street car. Find a tuner/builder that you trust and go for the stroker! I could not be happier!

damn thats sick, got pics of the car and dyno sheets?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Stroker shortblocks are a waste of money N/A.
They are only worth it if you have a power adder like a supercharger.

sardeanie

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
sardeanie said:

damn thats sick, got pics of the car and dyno sheets?
Here are some pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ripper

Reaction score
LOL there they are/ Damn i wish that was my car

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's awsome sardeanie, thanks for sharing.

sweet looking setup BTW!

sardeanie

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I can't wait to really drive it. I'm in Michigan so the roads are still snow/salt covered. Think Spring!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of stroking a stock bore 4.6 for N/A but i have seen great results from them on FI cars...take Jim Fitz from MPH forums...he is running a 5.0 stroker built by modular powerhouse and the new 2.8 KB with an auto and is in the 9's...until recently was his Daily Driver...i think when he went from a forged 4.6 to the forged 5.0 he said he gained 30hp/30tq with a smaller blower.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sardeanie said:
Thanks guys! I can't wait to really drive it. I'm in Michigan so the roads are still snow/salt covered. Think Spring!

I'm thinking hard!

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
How much of my RPM range would I actually lose? And MMR's shortblocks are very reasonably priced, although I've only heard good things about their motors. Is there a reason why everyone else's are much more expensive. Plus, MMR's street MOD 600 is $2300, while their Stroker block is $3600! :noes: Is that 30RWHP worth the extra $1300? What are the other advatages of having a stroker? :help2:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
dude, you can gain more than just 30whp
its just 4.6 stroker motors are still a new breed. so its not a definate on a hp with any set setup right now
once it gets bigger and people figure things out for the right setups you will see.
i know for a fact you can gain more than 30whp from the build.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just did a stroker on my car.
Benefits in my book are - more low end torque!

NA you don't gain much, but under boost it multiplies.
you can't rev it AS high since the stroke travel is longer, on mine they recommended 6500rpm for red line.
big whoop.

they are kind of new on the modular, like my95gt said.
most old school strokers - they up the compression quite a bit when running NA.

I'll have some more feedback from mine once I get it back.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I just did a stroker on my car.
Benefits in my book are - more low end torque!

NA you don't gain much, but under boost it multiplies.
you can't rev it AS high since the stroke travel is longer, on mine they recommended 6500rpm for red line.
big whoop.

they are kind of new on the modular, like my95gt said.
most old school strokers - they up the compression quite a bit when running NA.

I'll have some more feedback from mine once I get it back.

thanks dalamar, your always there to have my back lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online