supercharger and other options.

86svo9l

Reaction score
There comes a time when you just have to let someone do what they are going to do. Its just the internet, and life lessons have to be learned through experience.

spdtrip

Reaction score
Good God you guys are a bunch of opinionated fu*kers . You going to tell him what color to paint his car to? almost no one answeared him, you just thought it would be better to whip 'em out and see whos' bigger. He asked 3 ?'s and some of you just couldn't wait to tell him what he's "doing wrong".

Btw, thanks to the guys that didn't make it all about you and actually had something intelligent to say.

Venomized

Reaction score
Dude you have no clue what your talking about ... Its a wast of money to run a 331 stock block with a blower its going to slit the block in less you only run 6 psi .. We are just trying to save him money .. stock block 302 with good H/C/I and 8 psi with a vortech making 450 easy.. I would never never never build a 331 or 347 with stock block in less I was running NA period.. Its a waste of money. There are people almost making 400 rwhp with stock long blocks with s trims so I have no clue what your taking about its all about boost...

Hmmm thats funny since yesterday for example I just saw a four eye running a stock block 347 with a Procharger @ 10 psi. hmmm. And your power in the end WILL depend on how much boost you dial it up to. You show me a car that makes the same numbers with 7 psi as it does 10 psi... NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

Im telling the OP to go ahead and do what he wants and to make sure he has his block checked thoroughly before doing any mods because most people seem to not be doing this and having issues of blocks slitting when they shouldnt.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Hmmm thats funny since yesterday for example I just saw a four eye running a stock block 347 with a Procharger @ 10 psi. hmmm. And your power in the end WILL depend on how much boost you dial it up to. You show me a car that makes the same numbers with 7 psi as it does 10 psi... NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

Im telling the OP to go ahead and do what he wants and to make sure he has his block checked thoroughly before doing any mods because most people seem to not be doing this and having issues of blocks slitting when they shouldnt.

IF he wants to buy a 331 and put a blower on it then let him all we are trying to tell him is we all have blowers and know its a waste thats all ..
Just because you seen someone with a 347 with blower does not mean its going to last he is going to split his block period .. Its no joke stock blocks are weak and wont support the blower. But like i said its his car and his money all were trying to do is help .. Not tell anyone what to do ..

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Good God you guys are a bunch of opinionated fu*kers . You going to tell him what color to paint his car to? almost no one answeared him, you just thought it would be better to whip 'em out and see whos' bigger. He asked 3 ?'s and some of you just couldn't wait to tell him what he's "doing wrong".

Btw, thanks to the guys that didn't make it all about you and actually had something intelligent to say.

We are just tying to help save him money ..

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
i am rebuilding the motor anyway. and ive always wanted a 331. the point of this thread was to build the motor once incase i decided to turbo or sc the car. i am going to see how much i can make out of the 331 before i add FI. if i can break 400whp with heads, headers, intake, cai, injectors then i will prolly stay n/a for a long time. i wanted to get ideas and see what yall had to say about the build. i want to keep my cam as close to stock as possible. like i said its not a strip car and i dont want it to sound like one. all i really managed to do here is start a fued and get SOME usefull info. i dont know who to believe as far as the people bickering back and forth so im just really taking in the people that answered my questions on point. however i am reading the bickering because not only is it funny but both sides have a good point.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
i am rebuilding the motor anyway. and ive always wanted a 331. the point of this thread was to build the motor once incase i decided to turbo or sc the car. i am going to see how much i can make out of the 331 before i add FI. if i can break 400whp with heads, headers, intake, cai, injectors then i will prolly stay n/a for a long time. i wanted to get ideas and see what yall had to say about the build. i want to keep my cam as close to stock as possible. like i said its not a strip car and i dont want it to sound like one. all i really managed to do here is start a fued and get SOME usefull info. i dont know who to believe as far as the people bickering back and forth so im just really taking in the people that answered my questions on point. however i am reading the bickering because not only is it funny but both sides have a good point.

I would listen to the people that have built sn95 with blowers not the people that dont j/s

Build the car and have fun

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score

i am with venomized on this one .

i had a 86 gt with a stock block and rotating assembly (forged pistons) i spun it to 7k and sprayed with a 200 shot it made 273 at the tires on motor so with the shot thats about 440 , and i prob. ran 40 bottle threw it never once had a problem . those blocks r not a problem till u hit about 600 or so.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
i am with venomized on this one .

i had a 86 gt with a stock block and rotating assembly (forged pistons) i spun it to 7k and sprayed with a 200 shot it made 273 at the tires on motor so with the shot thats about 440 , and i prob. ran 40 bottle threw it never once had a problem . those blocks r not a problem till u hit about 600 or so.

Ya google it

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
well like i said im going to build it to handle it. but i may never even run any form of forced induction i was using this to weigh my options and see what everyone had to say. even if i boost it and it pushes out more than i want or i think is indangering the block or the car i can have it tuned down to a safer hp. i would like to get somewhere around 450-500 wheel hp. if it maxes out at 500 then i am going to have it tuned down to around 450-425 to save some power and keep the engine from being maxed out. get my drift?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
People think they need huge motors to make power. Hell, I remember in 2001 my friend made 502 rwhp / 502 rwtq in his '95 Cobra. Heads, cam, intake, and 15 pounds of boost. He ran that motor happily until he ran the car into a light pole.

Paul.
from a another tread

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
from a another tread

Thats all we are saying is you dont need to have a 331 to make enough power to slit your stock block .. But if you want it get it who cares what we are saying .. I understand u have always wanted a 331 there sick but its would suck to build it and put a blower on it and blow it up after spending all that money ??

call your tuner and ask him ?

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Thats all we are saying is you dont need to have a 331 to make enough power to slit your stock block .. But if you want it get it who cares what we are saying .. I understand u have always wanted a 331 there sick but its would suck to build it and put a blower on it and blow it up after spending all that money ??

call your tuner and ask him ?

what block does ur car have ?

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
i made almost around about 440 with lots of juice and and had no problems at all.

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
well like i said im going to build it to handle it. but i may never even run any form of forced induction i was using this to weigh my options and see what everyone had to say. even if i boost it and it pushes out more than i want or i think is indangering the block or the car i can have it tuned down to a safer hp. i would like to get somewhere around 450-500 wheel hp. if it maxes out at 500 then i am going to have it tuned down to around 450-425 to save some power and keep the engine from being maxed out. get my drift?

see that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online