supercharger mods...

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
so i found this supercharger for V6 mustang....in the package includes the supercharger, fuel pump, fuel injectors, plugs and chip programmer....
what other modifications would have to be done to make this work...and how much boost could be safely run on stock internals?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
dbmblitz10 said:
so i found this supercharger for V6 mustang....in the package includes the supercharger, fuel pump, fuel injectors, plugs and chip programmer....
what other modifications would have to be done to make this work...and how much boost could be safely run on stock internals?
;D Im on a stock block stock internals with my KB tuned at 11PSI and on race gas. ???

Greggerex

Reaction score
What s/c is it?

If you're planning an M90 conversion... God help you, you'll need much more than that.

If not, that kit seems to include all the essentials (assuming the chip programmer includes a chip or you mean a tuner... and that you're fine going non-intercooled).

Like 95KBGT, most people seem to agree that 10-12psi is cool for stock internals. Race gas might be a bit overkill though - I'll be running 10-12psi on 91 octane (the highest we have here) once the Stang is up and running in the next couple of days.

Good luck with it! :)

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
You will be fine. I have a switch chip tune. When i had a full blown tune on 93 octane i would have detonation problems at the end of each gear. Now i have a daily with 2 Degrees taken out that i run 93 oct on and im right aroun 260 and 350. With the Torco tune i just flip the switch, and run 110 octane and i have 298 and 385.

8-12PSI are fine for stock block and internals, Dont plan on making incrediable numbers. (mine are horrible) and be prepared for the shit talkers. "
O you have a KB and your only at 300 and 385 your tuner sucks" Or "Your car is only good for a high 14 sec pass in the 1/4 with traction" You develop a thick skin. Once you upgrade pistons, heads, and cam/s then you should be looking at some crazy horsepower. After i get my heads, pistons and cam, with a 75 shot( dry shot) i should be looking right around 450HP.

OP
OP
D

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
You will be fine. I have a switch chip tune. When i had a full blown tune on 93 octane i would have detonation problems at the end of each gear. Now i have a daily with 2 Degrees taken out that i run 93 oct on and im right aroun 260 and 350. With the Torco tune i just flip the switch, and run 110 octane and i have 298 and 385.

8-12PSI are fine for stock block and internals, Dont plan on making incrediable numbers. (mine are horrible) and be prepared for the shit talkers. "
O you have a KB and your only at 300 and 385 your tuner sucks" Or "Your car is only good for a high 14 sec pass in the 1/4 with traction" You develop a thick skin. Once you upgrade pistons, heads, and cam/s then you should be looking at some crazy horsepower. After i get my heads, pistons and cam, with a 75 shot( dry shot) i should be looking right around 450HP.

im not to worried about all the haters...im 18 and just starting out...i bought my car a month after my 15th birthday and have been competely obssesed with cars since...my car is a V6, so i'd be happy with 250 hp at this point..anything just to go a little bit faster u know

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
its addicting you say 250 is good right now, but then you will want 350 then 450...my thing is i would be happy with 400HP and 500TQ but as it sits right now i must get faster, there is always someone faster..

Plus for some reason i get called out my most stupid ass kids with their ricers.

OP
OP
D

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
its addicting you say 250 is good right now, but then you will want 350 then 450...my thing is i would be happy with 400HP and 500TQ but as it sits right now i must get faster, there is always someone faster..

Plus for some reason i get called out my most stupid ass kids with their ricers.

i know...but that will be something i will have to work up to....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online