Supercharger noise

OhioPhin

Reaction score
Hey all, I need some advice/opinions on my Vortech V2 S supercharger. It's making this noise, but at an idle only.

http://youtu.be/eDHmgp4ER3o

I'm new to the game and don't know much about them. I think it's a bearing, but the guy I bought it off of said its normal. Any input is appreciated.

OP
OP
O

OhioPhin

Reaction score
Please due everyone a solid and let us know what happens! Good luck.

Just wanted to update you guys. O'Reilly's had an OEM idler pulley, so I picked one up this morning. A couple of the guys came out to check out the car and listened to the noise. They all agreed it was a bearing in the SC. I went ahead and bought the idler pulley and changed it today. Still have the noise :embarrassed:. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but not sure if I should tackle a rebuild myself.

9838stang

Reaction score
is it possible a bolt or two have come loose on the bracket and are allowing movement? Otherwise, I'd check to see is there is anyway to see if the unit is getting proper lubrication. I would also say depending on how many miles are on the unit, it might be time to send it in to have it rebuilt...

Witzy0070

Reaction score
The pulley you replaced. Did it have 2 bearings in it? Mine was only available via vortech and had to bearings in it held in with a c clip. If you need a rebuild refer to my review of Jon Bond. Expect to pay about 600 dollars for a centrifugal rebuild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online