supercharger pulley

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
whats up guys... well i have an s-trim blower with the pulley that comes with it the 3.33 8-rib..... i want to go with a smaller pulley but i dont know which one to pick.. im running 10 lbs right now im looking to make another 2-4 lbs with a pulley upgrade but still be on the safe side i have a stock bottom end ... ill be updating my fuel setup as well for the extra boost thanksguys

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Two things:

First . . go with a bigger crank pulley instead of a smaller blower pulley. The small blower pullies slip. Been there done that. In fact, I have a 2.95 and a 2.75 sitting in my garage. I finally broke down and got an 8" custom crank pulley from ASP. Us 94-95 guys have to go custom because no one builds these pullies for the market. The pulley is about $300 . . but its worth it. If you are worried that 8" is going to give you too much boost (you should see close to 15 with a power pipe depending on how your engine flows) ASP will make any size you want.

Second, on a stock bottom end, the tune is super important . . but I'm not telling you anything you don't know. If you want to run more boost (and more timing) safely without detonating, get a Snow performance water methanol kit and you will never detonate again . . ever. Believe me on this one . . water/meth injection is the shit.

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
thanks truuble... i never heard of ASP or mabye i have and how can i get in contact with them rather have a website if possible.....also wat size crank pulley do you have .I have the power pipe already and im seeing 10 lbs with it...if i get this crank pulley and the snow kit will that put me over 15 lbs or roughly at 15 lbs lol i just dont wanna go to crazy and blow something running to much boost thanks again truuble

Here ya go matt...

Picture126.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra03.jpg

cobra04.jpg

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Here's the site www.aspracing.com

I'm running the 8" crank and the 3.33 upper. No belt slip, boost comes on sooner.

Depending on your heads, you should be right about 15 pounds.

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
thanks truuble real good information will deff be looking into this and the snow kit.... i have the gt-40 heads i wanted to keep the motor stock as possible see its limits.... the motor is very strong it only has 76,xxx miles on it... so ya thanks buddy you helped me out

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
hey matt been meaning to ask you is that a lip on a cobra bumper or is that an aftermarket front bumper?

Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online