supercharger questions

Gustang

Reaction score
this summer i will be working alot and i will probably be putting most of the money into my car. I was trying to decide between a supercharger and H/C/I. my question for the s/c is.... do i need more supporting mod's before i throw one on? am i going to have any problems? Im pretty much stock, except for bbk l/t headers, o/r x, and flows cat-back exhaust.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
you can just buy a blower kit and everythign you need comes with it and just throw it on ... but i would recommend getting a 255 high pressure fuel pump and a fuel regulator that way you know your getting enough fuel to support that blower

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
dont be a poon buy KB

for the 5.0 cars I say yes, I know its a lot cheaper that the one for my 4 valve. I think its around 3 grand for the 5.0 cars :dunno:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:
dont be a poon buy KB

for the 5.0 cars I say yes, I know its a lot cheaper that the one for my 4 valve. I think its around 3 grand for the 5.0 cars :dunno:
im ignoring you...you hurt my feelings not going with KB :nonono:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:
dont be a poon buy KB

im ignoring you...you hurt my feelings not going with KB :nonono:

I need some money homes :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: hook a white boy up :D

Maniak87

Reaction score
i was in your same situtation a while ago and i went blower. HCI requiers less supporting mods but doesnt have the same power possibilities the blower has. i priced it out and HCI when all said and done would have cost me 3k. i was able to find a vortech with all the supporting mods for like 400 dollars for than the HCI cost.

i went with vortech because the s-trim is the cheapest one out there and is capable of 600hp.

you arent going to need the injectors,MAF,fuel pump with the s-trim tuner kit. the FMU and BTM is fine if u run conservative boost and get a good tune. some say u dont need a tune with that set up but i would. people dont like the FMU cuz its like a band aid for not having a big enough fuel system but its designed to work fine with the stock setup. although, once you want more power, u will need to go and upgrade that fuel system. if you have the money now, upgrade the fuel system but if not, its no big deal, just stay conservative. FWIW i was going to stay with the FMU but i realized it was more cost effective to upgrade now so i wouldnt have to get another tune in the future.

OP
OP
G

Gustang

Reaction score
95kb, what did you pay for your kb?.. and also what would i be looking at pricewise for an s/c install?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
....just a heads up for ya,Kb now sells a standard manifold 2.2 for $2999,and if you can take off the 6 bolts of the upper plenum,then you're capable of doing the install yourself. By far,the easiest blower install known to man.lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online