supercharger questions

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Gustang, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Gustang

Gustang New Member

this summer i will be working alot and i will probably be putting most of the money into my car. I was trying to decide between a supercharger and H/C/I. my question for the s/c is.... do i need more supporting mod's before i throw one on? am i going to have any problems? Im pretty much stock, except for bbk l/t headers, o/r x, and flows cat-back exhaust.

2. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

you can just buy a blower kit and everythign you need comes with it and just throw it on ... but i would recommend getting a 255 high pressure fuel pump and a fuel regulator that way you know your getting enough fuel to support that blower

3. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

I'd just buy a Procharger P1SC for your 5.0! :thumb:

4. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

dont be a poon buy KB

5. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

for the 5.0 cars I say yes, I know its a lot cheaper that the one for my 4 valve. I think its around 3 grand for the 5.0 cars :dunno:

6. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

im ignoring you...you hurt my feelings not going with KB :nonono:

7. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I need some money homes :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: hook a white boy up :D

8. Maniak87

Maniak87 Member

i was in your same situtation a while ago and i went blower. HCI requiers less supporting mods but doesnt have the same power possibilities the blower has. i priced it out and HCI when all said and done would have cost me 3k. i was able to find a vortech with all the supporting mods for like 400 dollars for than the HCI cost.

i went with vortech because the s-trim is the cheapest one out there and is capable of 600hp.

you arent going to need the injectors,MAF,fuel pump with the s-trim tuner kit. the FMU and BTM is fine if u run conservative boost and get a good tune. some say u dont need a tune with that set up but i would. people dont like the FMU cuz its like a band aid for not having a big enough fuel system but its designed to work fine with the stock setup. although, once you want more power, u will need to go and upgrade that fuel system. if you have the money now, upgrade the fuel system but if not, its no big deal, just stay conservative. FWIW i was going to stay with the FMU but i realized it was more cost effective to upgrade now so i wouldnt have to get another tune in the future.

9. Gustang

Gustang New Member

95kb, what did you pay for your kb?.. and also what would i be looking at pricewise for an s/c install?

10. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

....just a heads up for ya,Kb now sells a standard manifold 2.2 for $2999,and if you can take off the 6 bolts of the upper plenum,then you're capable of doing the install yourself. By far,the easiest blower install known to man.lol