Supercharger questions

95opal

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking too but then again the ambient temps in Florida are so high that the iats will be crazy and pull a lot of timing. That’s my worry about not having an intercooler.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider it this way. If the ambient temps are that bad how good do you think an intercooler will do? Hot air passing over some fins isnt going to cool the charge like meth will. Depending on the intercooler you will be sacraficing a pound or two of boost as that is the downfall of an intercooler and running only 8# you dont want to sacrafice any boost. I would slap a vortech on and go from there. Like i said you can always add one later or go meth which i think would be your best bet. Used vortechs can be found cheap just about everywhere.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
he is right about vortechs are everywhere. I had been looking for a good deal on one when I found mine. The only thing that had been removed from the original packing box was the supercharger but he wrecked the car before it was installed.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
That makes sense. I’ll consider it. The only reason I bring up an intercooler is because I’ve been watching a lot of videos by Derek Baran on youtube. I normally don’t like vlogs but since he has a new edge it makes me nostalgic. In high school I had a black 00 gt and I traded it for my 07 gt. After buying my 17, I see my 02 sitting more and more and really want to do something with it I just have too many damn cars lol. But I love the styling and how cheap you can make decent power in those cars.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That makes sense. I’ll consider it. The only reason I bring up an intercooler is because I’ve been watching a lot of videos by Derek Baran on youtube. I normally don’t like vlogs but since he has a new edge it makes me nostalgic. In high school I had a black 00 gt and I traded it for my 07 gt. After buying my 17, I see my 02 sitting more and more and really want to do something with it I just have too many damn cars lol. But I love the styling and how cheap you can make decent power in those cars.

You can never have to many cars

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
You can when you have a job that sucks the life out of you so you never have time for your cars lol. Plus now I’m on the hunt for a termi, 6 cars is too much haha!

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
That’s what I want too. I’d be ok with something that’s not perfect or has high miles so I wouldn’t feel too bad about modding it and driving it. If you find one out your way pick it up, chances are I’ll take it off your hands lol.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That’s what I want too. I’d be ok with something that’s not perfect or has high miles so I wouldn’t feel too bad about modding it and driving it. If you find one out your way pick it up, chances are I’ll take it off your hands lol.

That's doable
There's all kinds kinds of mustangs out this way
I am also going to run by the yard I went to
For the interior take some pictures of the seats for you

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Sounds good man. If you find a set with the larger head rests that would be great, like the 03-04 cobra/gt style. I have the tiny ones that like all older Fords had and I hate them. They’re a safety hazard because it doesn’t cover the back of my head so if I were to get rear ended my head would fold over it haha!

TrickVert

Reaction score
I have a Vortech V2/SQ at 10 PSI on my HCI '95, and at part throttle, the only way I know it's there is the whistle. At WOT, it starts to come in about 3000 RPM. A KB by comparison will have an effect from about 1500 on up, making the car feel faster all the way around. Flooring it at any point and sending up smoke signals might be fun, but I still love my centrifugal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online