Supercoupe s/c on Mustang GT? HELP!!

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
I can get my hands on a supercharger with all parts from a (i think) 93 t-bird sc. Question: Does ANYBODY know if i can make this supercharger work on my car without having to do expensive fabrications to my motor? the guy has everything. and the supercharger itself is very clean. he mentioned something about fabricating a lower intake?!?

Ender

Reaction score
You'll need a custom lower intake, the Supercoup used a 3.8 V6. Unless you can fab it up yourself, it would be more cost effective to get a blower made for your car.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
the supercharger includes absolutely everything including intercooler and all piping. he really wants to get it out of his house and only wants $200 for it. how hard would it be to fab. a lower intake? and what kind of (brand and type of s/c) did the supercoupe use?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Everything to fit a T-bird - I'm not sure which head unit they use.
Has anyone done this retro before??

Fabricating a lower is alot of work. you'll need the materials, and know how.
Also need to tig weld. I'd only be guessing but any shop that took it - you'd be over 1000 bucks easy.
Shop rates add up fast.
That's alot of work and $$ for materials. It's no easy job.

Maybe search on the tbird forums and see if anyone knows more info on it.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
will do. thanks for the input. i'd hate to buy this and find out i wasted 200 bucks on a supercharger that does me no good. don't have $200 to waste. i'd hate to pass this deal up though.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
what if i just used the supercharger and bought a supercharger kit for my car? would that work? :dunno: is there anyway to make this work for around $1500?? if so, are they're any members from MICHIGAN reading this that would be willing to help. thanks.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
This idea seems to me to be like the one I had about putting a blower off of a 03-04 Cobra on my 99, it seems like It would be a easy install and not be a big cost issue, but after talking to a lot of guys and getting info on it, it turns out it would be a pretty in depth install and could get expensive to get EVERYTHING needed. So I decided to just go with a blower made for my car :)

S

scarface

That sounds like what I need for my windstar minivan :) I have a 3.8 in that. Is that all the same?

Ender

Reaction score
I know there are two different heads for the 3.8, I'm not sure if intakes are compatible between the two. You could probably find out more about it from one of the V6 Mustang sites.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i just seen a complete s/c with everything on ebay off an 03 cobra. $1100!. now, could i get this to work on my car fairly cheap? i know cobras are dohc and our cars are sohc but it almost seems like it should bolt right up.
quick question off this topic: our cars come with 19lb injectors or 24?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
your gt came with 19lb injectors, and even if all the parts are there I have been told it still isint worth the effort to do a swap :dunno: plus I dont know if it is something that can be done on your 2 valve

I cant remember what site I was on but it had a list of the small stuff you had to have like the alternator / brackets / wires and all kinds of crap that was needed for the swap

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
silversol said:
why does s/c 'ing our cars have to be so DAMN expensive. :dunno:

yea all the fun stuff cost out the ass :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: I had thought about doing the 03-04 cobra blower on mine for a long time before all the negative feedback changed my mind. I just hate to get started on it, spend a grand or so on the blower ...............find out more parts is going to be necessary and spend god knows how much more to get them. Then on top of that still not have the hp and tq that a regular aftermarket blower would give. It sounds like a easy install in general but I guess when you get down to it, its much better just to pony up the dough and get the real deal to begin with. If everything goes right for me Im getting a Stage 2 ATI Procharger after the first of the new year when I get my tax money back. :dancing6:

Ender

Reaction score
silversol said:
i just seen a complete s/c with everything on ebay off an 03 cobra. $1100!. now, could i get this to work on my car fairly cheap? i know cobras are dohc and our cars are sohc but it almost seems like it should bolt right up.
quick question off this topic: our cars come with 19lb injectors or 24?

Still going to need a custom lower intake, 2V and 4V intake ports are very different. The cheapest way to supercharge your car will be to get a kit designed for it. As for the injectors, GTs have 19lb and Cobras are 24.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
well thanks for bummin' me out guys. jk. no but thanks for all the awesome info. the other forums i was a member of; nobody hardly ever answered my questions. and if they did, it was usually one member. anyway i guess s/c is out of the question unless someone on here decides to sell a kit for like 1500. other than that i am stuck with bolt ons.

Ender

Reaction score
Nice find Dalamar.

Just keep watching the forums for deals. Crazy deals do come up once in a while, I got my SVO heads for $600 on Corral.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.