Suspension Guru's I summon you

fettstang02

Reaction score
What's going on guys. So I'm finally diving into the world of suspension. I've always dealt with adding power and fine tuning but lack knowledge in the realm of suspension. So here's what I've got coming my way: Eibach Sport+ lowering kit (springs, shocks, struts, sway bars included), steeda bumpsteer Kit, and caster camber plates. What else am I missing or should I be good? I have an 02 GT with 18" RuffRacing rims and Falken 245/45 tires.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What are your car goals?
Sounds like a decent street setup with occasional track/spirited driving. If you're serious about track, then you have a ton more you can do.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I would add rear lower control arms to the list. They will reduce wheel hop and make the car feel more stable

OP
OP
fettstang02

fettstang02

Reaction score
Orange 94 - My goals for this are to have a lowered stance and be able to have aggressive handling. Definitely going for a street setup though. Open to any ideas

sleepn - that sounds like a good addition. Definitely will look into that. Any suggestions on brand?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Orange 94 - My goals for this are to have a lowered stance and be able to have aggressive handling. Definitely going for a street setup though. Open to any ideas

sleepn - that sounds like a good addition. Definitely will look into that. Any suggestions on brand?

I normally use Maximum Motorsports stuff but Steeda, J&M, Hotchkis are all good brands

chris91

Reaction score
If you can wait a couple weeks I'll have a set of J&M Lowers for sale for a new edge. I just changed over to some adjustable Maximum Motorsports LCA's and won't need them. $175 shipped

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't add anything else on top of what you already have, given that all suspension bushings are in good shape. What you have in Eibach kit is actually pretty decent for the street. Everything else will give you marginal gains, except for torque arm and road race k-member. Both of those require an extensive list of supporting mods, which doesn't sound like you are really after. I've also said that most of the handling can be dialed in with shocks, springs, and sway bars with proper alignment, and some good sized grippy tires. That will gain you 75% of what a full suspension car will be like. The other 25% will cost a LOT of money.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Eibach shocks and struts?

For the street, you should be fine. Also consider poly bushes if you haven't already. Poly iso's (if you plan on running them), ploy sway bar mounts, poly engine mounts, and if you do go rear lower control arms, poly in those as well (but keep the stock rubber uppers).

Somewhat related to suspension, more than you might think: I also recommend a MM solid steering shaft, MM aluminum steering shaft mounts, and perhaps a MM k-member brace if you do not have long tubes and are running a stock k-member. I assume you already have Sub-frame connectors (SFC's), or plan on installing them if you don't?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Nice set of shocks/struts
Subframe Connectors
spring isolators
swaybar end links
MM steering shaft
rear upper/lower control arms
Tubular K member, A arms, coilovers.

Ok, lets make this easy.

The MM max grip box with all the front and rear suspension parts. Lol

wmfateam

Reaction score
FLSC
Koni/Bilstein Shocks and Struts
H&R Springs
Steeda Swaybar
MM CC plates
MM Bumpsteer
Poly Steering Rack, sway bar end links, sway bar bushings, poly spring isolators
MM Lower Control Arms
Whiteline upper control arms
Steeda G Track brace
MM solid steering shaft
That is what is on or going on my daily. I don't run a rear sway bar and I am on the fence about a pan hard bar. Car has nice off throttle rotation on freeway on/off ramps. A nice tire also goes a long way. I run Bridgestone Potenzas RE760.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nighttrain

Reaction score
........shouldve read down further, i think everyone else said the same thing. You can tell we all think they are a must. U/lca's too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online