Suspension Guru's I summon you

OP
OP
fettstang02

fettstang02

Reaction score
Chris ill have to get back to you because that seems feasible

and everyone else, thanks for all the input. Looks like right now I have what I want but I know I'll want to go further at some point and definitely have a lot of good advice on what to do. There's so much more to these mods then I thought. Usually buying one things requires two more things to work right lol

lutter94

Reaction score
I think LCA's would be more beneficial before SCF's? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe its a horse a piece.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Subframe connectors should be one of the first suspension mods done. It stiffens the entire car immensely and makes the suspension response more consistent due to the lack of body flex

lutter94

Reaction score
Thank you for correcting me. Odds are people do LCA's before, since its an easy DIY swap.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think LCA's would be more beneficial before SCF's? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe its a horse a piece.

SFC's are the most noticeable improvement in stiffening up the chassis. One could argue it's not really a suspension component (and in fact, it isn't) - but it makes the overall car behave much more firmly and predictably. SFC's should be done before rear LCAs. And actually, rear LCA's aren't really needed unless you are getting a lot more power from the car (to be clear, they are still beneficial even at stock hp levels, but there are other mods that will give you better bang-per-buck at that point).

SFC example: with proper full length SFC's installed, you can put a jack behind the front wheel, jack up the car...and watch the rear come up too. Try doing that without SFCs. The back will eventually come up, but you will be getting a good amount of flex from the body before that happens.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
SFC's are the most noticeable improvement in stiffening up the chassis. One could argue it's not really a suspension component (and in fact, it isn't) - but it makes the overall car behave much more firmly and predictably. SFC's should be done before rear LCAs. And actually, rear LCA's aren't really needed unless you are getting a lot more power from the car (to be clear, they are still beneficial even at stock hp levels, but there are other mods that will give you better bang-per-buck at that point).

SFC example: with proper full length SFC's installed, you can put a jack behind the front wheel, jack up the car...and watch the rear come up too. Try doing that without SFCs. The back will eventually come up, but you will be getting a good amount of flex from the body before that happens.

Exactly. And the back will eventually come up.. if you don't collapse the front subrframe rails first.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I'm glad that I stumbled upon this thread. I actually bought M/M full length powdercoated SFC this summer and I am going to get them installed in next few weeks. Next will be a proper set of LCA's and some bilsteins HD for the rear.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure I am not the only one that was worried for a second when after the sub frame connector install, the first time I jacked the rear wheel up I saw the front wheel come off the ground.... Makes a huge difference.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I seen that me and [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] was tagged in a suspension thread so thought we finally had a fellow air ride mustanger on our hands....but i guess not

127.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online